Associate Editor at Endeavor Business Media
Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
Endeavor places a high importance on its data-driven core values of accountability, continuous improvement and being passionate about value creation in an environment that maintains minimal politics, directional clarity, high productivity and low turnover among good people. These values are adopted at all levels of the company across every sphere and give the company its operational advantage. Our departments and operating businesses have autonomy and place a high value on meritocracy, with a commitment to providing individuals with opportunities for growth and development.
Associate Editor – Buildings & Construction Group
Any EBM office location/Remote
As associate editor, you will be integral in assisting the group’s development of strong editorial products that build engaged and responsive digital audiences. The right candidate will be a quick learner, talented and concise writer/editor, exceptional multi-tasker, savvy social media strategist, and detail-oriented/deadline-driven individual. This position provides an extraordinary opportunity for someone to learn the ins and outs of every aspect of the B2B publishing business from writing, editing, design, and production to social media, web analytics, reader engagement, and project management.
- Write/generate content for e-newsletters, websites, and magazines
- Manage social media accounts; experience with Sprout Social a plus
- Track web analytics to better understand and improve online content performance; experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Oversee e-newsletter production for multiple brands
- Manage sponsored content placement and promotion
- Manage special projects, as assigned
- Edit and proofread
- Collaborate with the editorial team to brainstorm new ideas, execute special projects, and hit goals
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism (preferable), English, communications or related area
- Entry-level candidates considered, but prefer candidates with 1-2 years of B2B experience writing and editing content for an online or print publication as well as social media and web content management experience
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to juggle multiple projects and their deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Adept at social media
- Proficiency in search engine optimization
- Experience with content management systems and website analytics tools
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work well as a team and individually
- Aptitude for understanding technical information and applying that knowledge to write/edit content accurately for presentation on the web, in newsletters, and in print
- Training in AP Style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign/InCopy and Photoshop preferred
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!