Associate Director, HR Compliance at Americares
Associate Director, HR Compliance
- req 1007
- DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
- REPORTS TO: SVP and Chief People Officer
- JOB STATUS: Regular, Full Time
- LOCATION: USA
Americares is a healthfocused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches 90 countries on average, including the United States, with lifechanging health programs, medicine, medical supplies and emergency aid. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
HUMAN RESOURCES AT AMERICARES:
The Americares Human Resources department takes a leadership role in promoting the concept that our people are our most valuable resource. We act as a catalyst to enable all Americares people to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of our humanitarian and public health program objectives. We provide programs, services, and supports that help the organization attract, develop, motivate, and retain a diverse global workforce within a missiondriven work environment. We do this work with an emphasis on customer service, duty of care, DEI, and staff wellbeing.
We are seeking an experienced HR Compliance professional who will join our team to support a growing organization with their global compliance needs.
The position’s responsibilities include:
Driving organizational HR compliance issues including but not limited to:
- New state registrations as Americares distributed work expands
- Global registration for new country programming
- Driving the response to federal and state reporting requirements as well as global country specific requirements
- Supporting state and federal benefits requirements for all staff
- Designing and updating HR policies to ensure compliance needs are met and to drive progressive staff support through our policy implementation.
- Partner with finance and HR staff to ensure payroll and other tax requirements are met
- Work with Americares Legal and Compliance teams to ensure organizational compliance issues are addressed as appropriate
- Support and drive global staff benefits design and global duty of care priorities
- Collaborate with the overall HR team to accomplish the organization´s people strategic objectives
- Keep up to date on HR best practices
- 5+ years of professional experience working with HR compliance
- Previous experience with global HR compliance issues
- Extensive experience with applying laws and rules to reallife situations
- Works effectively as a part of a team as well as independently
- Thrives in work environments that require multitasking and flexibility
- Excellent judgment and the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Office 365, ZOOM, and related technology
- Proactive and solutionoriented
- Assertive and professional communication skills
- Passion for our mission and services
- Demonstrated commitment to workplace diversity, equity and inclusion
- Highly analytical and able to interpret situations with big picture and detailed focus
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!