Associate Data Scientist Ads at Spotify
Associate Data Scientist – Ads
We work at the intersection of advertising and messaging technologies to connect millions of brands to billions of fans. As part of the Advertising team, we’re paving the way for a sustainable global Spotify business that allows even more creators to make a living off their art. Come join us and help build the platform that powers promotion at Spotify.
- New York or Remote Americas
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to work on our Ad Studio or Ad Experience product insights team. We are solving for ways to make it easier for advertisers to access Spotify’s platform. In this role, you’ll join a cross-functional group passionate about, looking critically at how advertising and artist promotion fits into our free listening experience from user-centered perspectives. You will study user behavior, pivotal initiatives, and new features, looking critically and empowering data-driven decisions on how we build and innovate upon the product. By generating insights, you’ll influence the strategy and direction of Spotify ad products. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
We are seeking an individual to help us in some of the following ways: build insights and holistic understandings of advertisers and their needs, find opportunities to improve and innovate on our product and features, uncover insights to drive advertiser activation, retention and growth, and define success metrics and surface optimization opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product owners, designers, engineers, and business and marketing team stakeholders, who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions
- Translate sophisticated problems and solutions to all levels of the organization
- Deliver standardized reporting and dashboards, from design through to delivery and administration
- Impact product strategy by leading foundational research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of our product and our users
Who you are
- 2+ years of industry experience with technical competence to perform sophisticated analytics on large datasets with SQL, coding skills (such as Python, Java or Scala), analytics libraries (Pandas/Numpy, Seaborn, Dplyr, GGplot, etc), & other visualization tools (Tableau)
- Consistent track record understanding and solving loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and measurable insights to guide product development decisions.
- You are capable of taking on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
- Experience in building “analytics-friendly” datasets and understand basic data processing and pipelining best practices
- Maintain the capacity and passion to translate business objectives into impactful quantitative analyses and results into business and product recommendations
- You have a user-focused mentality.
- You understand the role and importance of qualitative methodologies in partnership with quantitative methodologies – and you can articulate this.
- Adaptable to change: excited by working in a constantly evolving team
- You are an effective communicator: stellar communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated thoughts and strategies into simple, impactful recommendations
- It is a plus if you have a proven experience with hands-on sophisticated statistical modeling and machine learning to generate insights and influence product/business decisions and worked in an analytics role within an advertising function.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here. #remote
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Perks of being in the band
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off – fully paid – for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!