Associate Creative Director – Copy at Curology
Associate Creative Director – Copy
- REMOTE – OR – SAN FRANCISCO
- CREATIVE – SCALE & GROWTH
- FULL TIME
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded one of Inc’s Best Workplaces 2019 and 2020 Forbes #8 Startup Company, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
We are looking for a unique individual who not only enjoys wielding language in magical ways, but thrives on the specific challenge of transforming complex and misunderstood subjects into clear and compelling stories.
You’ll lead creative and conceptual work for big initiatives on the Content Growth team, you’ll manage a team of copywriters and you’ll provide editorial oversight across the copy team. As the Associate Creative Director of Copy, you’ll have a strong focus on video work, both at a strategic level as well as a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done level, cranking out scripts, digital ads, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Concept: Brainstorm ideas for Curology. You’re a pro at creativity with bulletproof strategy.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Motion Designers, Editors Copywriters, Producers, and Directors on creative development. You’re comfortable (and experienced) lending your creative POV across functions.
- Write: Execute multi-channel copywriting. You have a proven track record for communicating campaigns across consumer touch points.
- Edit: Thrive on feedback. You value creative refinement, whether the pushes come from creative leads or from cross-functional stakeholders.
- Deliver: See your work through to the very end. You’re committed to upholding quality for every deliverable: video, digital, social, and more.
- Lead: Guide junior and mid-level copywriters with insightful feedback and leadership. Ensure that creative projects ultimately meet business needs, helping shepherd the work of other creatives toward that goal.
- Brand Stewardship: Maintain and nurture the brand, while identifying when we can take creative risks. You want to build a brand that stands out. You shape and maintain brand voice consistency across many projects, not just your own.
- Performance Marketing: Create A/B tests alongside the marketing team, and work to understand creative results.
- Creative Brainstorm: Lead brainstorms and drive concepts from idea to execution.
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of writing experience, including scriptwriting, is required, and at least 3 year of management or editorial experience.
- An ability to think beyond copy to guide strategy, concept, and even visual execution.
- An ability to clearly articulate the intentions behind your ideas well before words hit the page.
- Experience explaining marketing needs to creatives, and creative decisions to marketers.
- Excellent, nit picky editor who works quickly and has an eye for a wonky comma or strange turn of phrase.
- The will to guard the brand ferociously.
- A lover of working with data and metrics and finding creative insights out of information.
- Experience acting as a translator between marketing and creative, resulting in copy that pushes the brand forward while delivering strategic results.
- You have an adaptable personality, and are a team player everyone wants to work with.
- You have a commitment to quality.
Why you’ll love working at Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company sponsored happy hours and outings
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!