Associate Blog Editor at Introvert dear
Associate Blog Editor
We’re searching for an awesome associate blog editor. This person would edit articles for both IntrovertDear.com and HighlySensitiveRefuge.com, working directly with freelance writers and the founders of the sites, Jenn Granneman and Andre Sólo.
- About 15 hours a week
- Work from home
- Live anywhere
- Must have editing experience
- We want someone who will grow with us
Our Editing Philosophy
This is not (only) a proofreading position. Our editor must bring a deep understanding of what makes a story “work;” be comfortable moving sections or doing rewrites; and make sure the story hits the right emotional notes in the right order. Ultimately, every piece has to speak to the reader’s own struggles, anticipate and answer their questions, and help them in a meaningful way. Grammar and spelling are important; so is showing the reader we’re on their side.
Ultimately, our editor is here to advance the introvert and highly sensitive revolution.
- Experienced (with a portfolio) in editing feature blog content
- Knowledge of SEO and content linking
- Self-starter, takes charge, stays on top of project deliverables
- Organized, efficient, stays on top of schedules (including communication with authors)
- Deep understanding of content structure, hooking a reader, and telling a story
- Experience with WordPress, Trello, Gmail, and Google Docs
- Masterful command of American English; basic understanding of AP Style
- Track record of creating high-performing think pieces and viral content that drives traffic
Writers submit articles for consideration
(as Google Docs, via email)
Editor reviews submissions and chooses most promising pieces
(communicates with authors by email; tracks workflow in Trello)
↓ ↓ ↓
Editor makes initial editing pass and asks author to make changes if needed
(in shared Google Doc)
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Editor does substantive content edits; formats; adds links; finalizes author bio; and proofreads
(in shared Google Doc)
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Site founders give article a “final review” and author approves final version
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Editor passes to VA to load into WordPress
Goals and Deliverables
- Produce 7-10 edited, finalized articles per week
- Work through content backlog — reduce submission response time to less than 3 weeks
- Create content “buffer” of 3+ months
- Position type: Contractor (1099/freelance worker)
- Hours: This is a part-time, ongoing, long-term role. Starts at 15 hours/week with an expectation to expand in the future; we’re looking for someone to grow with us long-term.
- Location: Work from home/remote. Ideally Central Time or within +3/-3 hours of Central Time.
- Volume of content production: Approximately 7-10 edited and finalized articles per week as well as several dozen submissions reviewed per week; both likely to increase over time.
- Communication: This position does require occasional video or phone meetings. Most daily communication is by email.
- Please specify your rate (per hour or package) in the application form.
- Deep understanding of introversion, high sensitivity, and Myers-Briggs personality types
- Bonus points if you live in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area and are available for occasional in-person meetings
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!