Regular / Day
Associate Actuary- Full-Time, Days – Glendale, WI, or Nashville, TN, or Austin, TX, or Remote Location
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Care Management (ACM) creates customized healthcare solutions for health systems, payers, and employers that stabilize costs, improve outcomes, and enhance the experience for both providers and individuals. Our range of services strive to create a seamless healthcare experience for providers, payers and healthcare leaders by improving access to and removing complexity from the delivery of healthcare.
ACM serves 1.3 million patients across the nation and manages more than 20,000 providers through our clinically integrated networks of providers. ACM helps our customers eliminate stress and uncertainty, allowing them to confidently provide quality, value-based services and solutions. Beyond traditional population health management solutions, ACM offers additional expertise in claims management, care coordination, risk management and safety strategies that allow healthcare leaders to avoid challenges and capitalize on healthcare opportunities.
What You Will Do
As an Associate Actuary with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to be responsible for analysis of data for the development of reports and strategic recommendations, with a focus on value based contract modeling and analytics.
- Performs data analysis and synthesizes results.
- Independently creates and maintains actuarial models.
- Establishes reporting processes, workflows, monitors emerging experience and recommends corrective actions.
- Communicates actuarial results and recommended action.
- Leads projects, anticipates obstacles and ensures timely completion.
- Completes financial modeling of opportunities on potential Value Based agreements in Medicare Advantage, MSSP, Medicaid, and Commercial blocks of business.
- Completes analysis on drivers of financial performance for value based contract performance including risk adjustment and medical cost analysis.
- Collaborates with market operations on analytics findings and impact of operational activity.
- Provides insights to contracting team on contract terms that will allow for strong financial outcomes.
- Presents reports, explaining their implications to stakeholders, and advising on risk limitation.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Associate Certification credentialed from the Society of Actuaries obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.