Assistant Vice President at Aon
Active Exchange Assistant Vice President (AVP) / Actuarial Consultant
- Virtual, Illinois
Aon is looking for a Healthcare Active Exchange Assistant Vice President (AVP) / Actuarial Consultant. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon’s Active Exchange with in Aon’s Health Solutions vertical.
This is a US virtual role. Candidates can be based out of their home or any of Aon’s US offices.
Your impact as a Healthcare Active Exchange Assistant Vice President (AVP) / Actuarial Consultant
Please note: Junior level roles for the Active Exchange Actuarial team are also available
- Data collection and review: feasibility studies; annual RFP process
- Checking and quality control
- Financial modeling (including quality review) of medical and dental quoted rates vs. self-insured projections
- Initial bid analysis (including actuarial value modeling) to assist with the negotiation process
- Assistance with Defined Contribution modeling
- Implementation support to benefits administration teams
- Participation in Health & Benefits practice sponsored and external training, to grow consulting acumen
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires keeping up with multiple deadlines at the same time
- Ability to step into a lead analyst role with potential to transition to a client-facing role after learning requirements on the job
- Will work within the team to make metallic recommendations, subsidy recommendations, set funding requirements for SI clients, etc.
- Prioritize tasks from most important to least
- Uses “the sniff test” when completing work i.e. does this result make sense
- Manages priorities, communicates potential delays, and delivers results on time
- Proactively accepts new projects when they become available
- Effectively communicates project results
- 6+ years of health and welfare experience (carrier or employer consulting)
- Understands health insurance concepts, underwriting, forecasting, and analysis.
- FSA/ASA designation preferred (Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or Associate of the Society of Actuaries)
- Progress towards ASA considered;
- Candidates with less experience may be considered for a Senior Consultant, Consultant or Analyst level role (Multiple roles are available).
- Microsoft office use including Excel and PowerPoint
- Has been included in developing materials or presentations to company leaders or external customers
- History of creating new projects and leading to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics & Business, or related fields.
We offer you:
- A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!