Assistant Professor, Adjunct Nursing Online
West Coast University (WCU), a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Assistant Professor for Nursing (Graduate – All Tracks) – Online. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Position reports to: Faculty Manager: Associate Dean of Post-Licensure Programs, and/or Dean of the College of Nursing or designee for non-FNP tracks. FNP track faculty position reports to Program Director, The Assistant Professor, Nursing (Graduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required; Doctorate degree in nursing if master’s is in non-nursing field.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other current professional licensure by state or national board if applicable (e.g., Family Nurse Practitioner, FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator may be required.
- Health certifications for an OSHA Category I classified position (potential for exposure to infectious diseases at work). As an essential component of the West Coast University infection-control program immunizations and tuberculosis clearance documentation is required in accordance with current CDC and OSHA recommendations and guidelines for Health-Care Personnel if teaching responsibility requires on-site oversight of practicum hours.
- Four years or less experience teaching in a university or college setting required.
- Demonstrabe evidence of a minimum two years of clinical experience in a related field required.
- For faculty teaching only the FNP Clinical Practicum courses, a minimum of two years of documented teaching experience in a University setting preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year instruction in fully online courses preferred (12 semester credits; e.g. 4, 3-semester credit courses or the equivalent); not applicable to current WCU faculty.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other products as needed.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards and/or accreditation bodies.
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.