We’re Hiring An Assignment Editor for our Parenting category!
We’re looking for someone who is super excited about spending their days writing the most shareable, interesting, and hottest content on the internet.
For real. We want you to bring your insider knowledge of parenting to the team so we can support this fast growing segment. You understand the entire journey of a parent from hilarious to hard AF – and can leverage multiple voices in your team to create a distinct tone for this audience. Topics include home hacks, parenting tips and tricks, jokes only a parent would appreciate, and from the heart opinions that everyone is thinking but only you understand how to write it as an editorial piece.
More About The Role
You’ll spend your days managing a team of contributors from all walks of life (and area codes!) who create fun, cheeky and interesting content on a diverse range of topics. You’ll field pitches and assign ideas that resonate with our largely US based audience, and you’ll edit every article for style, grammar, and nailing that Diply voice. You’ll test and analyze your content’s performance, and you’ll use data to back up your success. Most importantly, you’ll be proud to share your team’s content with your friends, family, and one of the largest audiences online, period.
This role is located in our Toronto or London, ON office but we are accepting remote applications as well.
The Skills You Need
- You have 3+ years of experience working for a digital publishing company.
- You’ve got tight written and verbal communication skills, and you aren’t afraid to flex ’em.
- You have excellent copy and stylistic editing abilities and a clear writing style.
- You have the innate ability to consistently find topics that are interesting and relatable to a millennial audience.
- You have the marketing and design savviness required to drive clicks and engagement from social media channels.
- You know how to provide feedback to writers effectively, and can help them write content that best reflects our brand voice.
- You can track content performance and interpret and learn from data using tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- From conception to completion, you can fast-track content without compromising quality.
- You have experience in a very fast-paced environment and can balance many tasks, topics, priorities, and deadlines at once.
- You love to spend hours on the internet and you’re down to get paid for it (don’t lie, you do it anyway).
- Bonus points if you include in your cover letter a hilarious personal story that will resonate with us hard.
The Ideal Candidate
- A passion for clear, correct writing and a sharp eye for detail.
- Experienced writing in the Lifestyle space.
- You not only accept change, but seek it out — the viral space is always changing and so is Diply.
- You understand how things go viral and why.
- You have the ability to be engaging, humorous, and relatable to a parenting audience.
- Happy taking initiative, working in collaboration with others, and mentoring those who need it.
- In tune with internet trends and you’re aware of what’s happening in the viral space the day it happens.
- Familiar with websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Imgur, Pinterest, Instagram, and Reddit.
- You’ve been told you have an awesome attitude.
- It is considered an asset if you have ever engaged in a heated debate on which stroller is the best based on resale value.
If this sounds like you, please submit a résumé, cover letter, and a sample Parenting article. We will only look at your résumé and cover letter if you have a sample article attached with your application.