Article Optimization Editor at Future plc
Article Optimization Editor- Future Labs
- Full Time
- Remote – US
About the Team
Future Labs is the weird, wildly different part of Future PLC where we break stuff, take a look inside, and put it back together faster and stronger than ever before. Our entire existence is focused on finding new ways to optimize and improve things within Future, so everyone can work smarter and have fun doing it. We’re a small, loud, excited team of misfits from all over the world, and right now we’re looking to add someone new to the team. Is that you?
Future Labs is looking for a focused content editor eager to work with our amazing team of writers to improve the overall quality of commerce content published across our network.
As our Article Optimization Editor, your tasks will include:
- Edit all incoming articles for grammar and punctuation
- Apply content research practices to ensure article accuracy
- Ensure editorial standards for commerce recommendations are being strictly enforced
- Assist the Lead Editor in editing all content across the network
We want someone who gets excited about making sure everything we publish on our network is the best it can possibly be, who values a strict style guide, and can quickly adapt to new environments.
What do I need to succeed?
This position is designed for someone who prides themselves attention to detail, and possesses some knowledge of modern grammar and style guides. You should have an understanding of modern commerce content, and be able to quickly research to fill in any knowledge gaps you may have.
Flexibility is a huge part of the job, moving quickly between different article types and content categories while ensuring our editorial standards are enforced evenly everywhere. As our content guidelines and templates evolve and change, it will be necessary for you to quickly adapt to and enforce these guidelines.
This position doesn’t require you to be a content expert, rather a thorough researcher able to confirm content accuracy and recommend any alterations to the content you feel are appropriate based on that research.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Health & well being initiatives
- Annual Future conference – get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what’s next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
- Give something back- Future will match your personal charity fundraising efforts
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!