Area Vice President at Gartner
Remote – United States
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
The Sales Area Vice-President primary role is to attract, lead, coach and develop a team of quota-bearing Sales Managers to drive revenue for Gartner. A Sales AVP typically manages a team of 3-5 direct reports, and 20+ indirect sales associates.
This role is responsible for:
- Achieve or overachieve financial targets
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results tied to overall sales strategy
- Attract and retain top talent within sales team by following Gartner’s validated recruitment methodology, with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high activity by conducting team prospecting sessions with direct reports
- Provide leadership through effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Improve the team’s success through effective leadership and mentorship
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team’s professional growth
- Minimum 10+ years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software or hardware), with 3+ years of management experience.
- Internal candidates should have a demonstrated track record of successful financial performance, with 7+ years of QB sales experience in Gartner or Gartner management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, influencing skills and interpersonal skills (to share knowledge with a team to support the growth strategy within sales).
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, handling others
Job Requisition ID:43548
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!