Arabic Interpreter at LanguageLine Solutions
Remote | Entry-level
- US Remote
- Full Time
- Exciting career opportunities in the language access industry are waiting for you at LanguageLine Solutions.
- Whether you work in the corporate office, in one of our satellite offices, at our Interpreting Call Centers, or work from home, you can help make a difference in someone’s life every second of every day.
- Work at Home Bilingual Arabic/English Phone/Video Interpreter
- Job Title: Arabic Interpreter
- Location: Work at Home position in US/Canada (positions may not be available in all areas)
- Position: Based on business needs, Regular or Contract positions are available
- The Arabic Telephone/Video Interpreter is responsible for handling calls on demand and renders the meaning of conversations between Arabic and English speakers.
- The interpreter breaks the communication barrier in a wide range of industries that LanguageLine Solutions serves: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Utilities, Travel & Hospitality, General Business, Law Enforcement, Court, and 911.
- The interpreter processes information quickly, concisely and recognizes sensitive cultural differences.
- He/She is professional and courteous at all times.
- The interpreter uses appropriate terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices.
- The calls may involve simple or complex, technical or non-technical subjects.
- This position does not involve written translation however translators and other skilled linguists are encouraged to apply. Telephone/Video interpreters translate verbally.
- This is a remote position. The Interpreter works from his/her home office. It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer calls promptly and conducts interpretation in a friendly and professional manner.
- Render correct concepts and meanings according to the conventions of established interpretation protocol, avoiding omissions or additions.
- Speak clearly in both languages using proper pronunciation, enunciation and polite expressions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor throughout the call at all times.
- Remain calm during calls in the event that one of the primary speakers is incoherent or upset, especially in emergency situations.
- Maintain punctuality and availability during scheduled work hours.
- Follow client instructions, in compliance with protocol to ensure client expectations are met with the Limited English-speaking Person (LEP), avoiding interaction with the LEP without client’s permission.
- Understand protocol and terminology for various industries including, but not limited to, Medical, Insurance, Finance and Law.
- Demonstrate commitment to cultural sensitivity and working in a diverse environment.
- Fluency in Arabicand Englishand skilled in the associated cultural dynamics.
- Ability to provide cultural competency and assess regional and accent differences to find ways of communicating with the LEP.
- Excellent listening, retention and note-taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy during interpretation.
- Education or work experience in language-related fields such as teaching, language assessment, translation or interpretation preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally authorized to work in the US/Canada.
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with LanguageLine Solutions (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of LanguageLine Solutions or an affiliated LanguageLine Solutions business may not be eligible for consideration.
- Based on your location, a pre-employment background check and/or drug screen may be required
- Dedicated landline and telephone or VoIP (internet phone) and head-set.
- Telephone services cannot have call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding, caller ID, voice messaging or other features that may interfere with call delivery. For optimal connectivity: A cellular or cordless phone is not permissible.
- High-speed Internet connection for work-related electronic communication.
- This internet connection should provide download speeds of no less than 5 Mbps and upload speeds of 1 Mbps.
- A direct connection from the modem to the desktop or laptop must be used.
- Cable or fiber optic services are preferred. For optimal connectivity: Satellite service is not permissible.
- Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse and remain in a stationary position in front of a computer the majority of the workday.
- Must have sufficient manual dexterity to type or write.
- Able to lift up to 26 lbs.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels; i.e. computer, audio, telephone.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!