Appointment Scheduling Customer Service Representative at Pearl Interactive Network
Title: Appointment Scheduling CSR-Remote
- Location: Virtual, in the U.S.
The Appointment Scheduling CSR is responsible for answering inquiries received through both telephone and email communication channels assisting in the coordination of care to Veterans and assisting in scheduling of Medical and Dental appointments. This job will require Veteran and Provider outreach and a referral will be used as the source to schedule and various systems will be utilized. Seeking professional and reliable candidates with excellent customer service skills, ability to navigate multiple systems and compassionate towards others.
- Contact assigned list of Veterans to determine their medical appointment scheduling preference (Provider and availability).
- Contact In-Network providers to schedule appointment within Veteran Preference and contracted time frames.
- Track all booked and arrived appointments for patients generated through outreach efforts.
- Ensure patient confidentiality with the handling of all patient health information and records.
- Communicate all issues with manager.
- Inbound/Outbound patient phone calls.
- Responds to or refers incoming calls in a prompt, pleasant and professional manner.
- Remains in the call queue at all times unless permission to leave is granted.
- Confirms address spelling and verification of addresses using the appropriate software.
- Administers schedule additions, changes, or inquiries in the appropriate database within required time frames.
- Process scheduling requests in a timely fashion.
- Works effectively in a structured, production environment.
- Adheres to daily schedules and assignments.
- Works with management team to identify and forward potential Quality of Care complaints.
- Maintains strict member and company confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Operating Hours: Sun. – Sat. 8am – 5pm EST
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical or health insurance environment, includes claims processing and claims customer service in a hospital or medical/dental provider office, etc.
- Minimum (1) year of Outbound call experience
- Ability to type 35 WPM and 2+ year computer experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English, bilingual with Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (provider specialties, ICD/CPT codes etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- CSR training consists of 3 weeks of classroom training followed by a week of simulation training.
- High speed (minimum of 40+ Mbps download / 5 Mbps upload speeds), hard wired internet
- Ability to pass third-party Background investigation and 9-panel drug testing.
- Must have workspace in the home with a door and no distractions.
- Ability to multitask.
- Metric focused & ability to consistently meet productivity standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Pearl management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Background/Suitability Check, Drug Screening and Skills Assessments Required
Skills/Qualifications/Keywords: Action Oriented/Tenacity, Dealing with Ambiguity, Compassion, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Functional and Technical Skills, Informing, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, MS Outlook and Office Skills, Leadership Team, People Skills, Diversity, Professionalism, Organization, Team Oriented, Learning, Flexibility, Effective Communication.
Pearl offers a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401K. Additional ancillary benefits will also be available.
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, genetics, or sexual orientation and gender identity.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!