Applied Scientist at Amazon
- Job ID: 1264261 | Amazon.com Services LLC
We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access for our employee pilot program.
As a Senior Applied Scientist in Amazon Care, you will be designing and implementing ML-based solutions to business problems that we have defined to achieve our goals in 2020 and beyond.
In this position, we are looking for a scientist with a background in Natural Language Understanding, and familiarity with Automatic Speech Recognition. Specifically, you will develop domain-specific models that leverage machine-generated transcripts to extract structured information around which automation can be developed. The ideal candidate understands tradeoffs between rule-based and ML-based approaches, and delivers results using a ‘crawl, walk, run’ approach. Beyond model development, you will partner with engineering, contributing to the architecture and ensuring that models and other artifacts can be deployed to production.
- Development of models for various natural language processing tasks, including named-entity recognition, natural language inference, sentiment analysis, text summarization, and question answering within in a healthcare context.
- Working closely with Product Managers to expand depth of our product insights with data, create a variety of experiments, and determine the highest-impact projects to include in planning roadmaps
- Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members
- Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds
- Being a cultural leader that ensures teams are collecting, understanding, and using data to inform every decision that impacts our customers
- Research the latest modeling techniques and stay current with advancements in the field.
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, a start-up mentality, excellent project management skills, and great communication skills.
- PHD/MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
- At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in deep learning, natural language processing, or automatic speech recognition.
- Experience in model development, model validation and model implementation.
- 1+ year experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, Natural Language Processing, recommendation systems, dialogue systems, information retrieval
- Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in premier journals and conferences
- Proven track in leading, mentoring, and growing teams of scientists
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
- Proficiency in MxNet, pyTorch or TensorFlow
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Python on Linux platform)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- AWS Machine Learning
- Research Science
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!