Application Developer II in Overland Park, Kansas
Application Developer II
Leads moderately complex projects that require skill in a diverse array of programming expertise. Responsible for application analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement, and support of complex issues.
This position is based in Overland Park, Kansas, however 100% remote work from anywhere in the United States is acceptable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs installation, functional and performance testing, maintenance, and modification of commercial off the shelf (COTS) software.
- Demonstrates project management skills and may serve as a technical lead on IT projects.
- Resolves moderately complex computer security issues by designing, developing, and implementing innovative technology solutions.
- Provides technical leadership in areas of responsibility and looks for ways to apply the latest technologies for improvements to software and organizational effectiveness.
- Participates in planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and prioritize investments in process, people, services, and infrastructure. Works closely with Technical Review Board and Enterprise Architects to assure all systems align with the long-term IT strategy.
- Assists in developing buy vs. build recommendations, including bits of advice on system options, risks, return on investment (ROI), and impacts on business processes and goals.
- Pro-actively Analyzes existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements. May lead the evaluation and selection process for new application packages.
- Identifies system requirements, develops application specifications, conversion and migration designs.
- Establishes liaison relationship with a business partner and/or suppliers in order to provide technical solutions through the analysis of business workflows and an understanding of business needs.
- Manages multiple priorities of projects and requests.
- Assesses customer needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs
- Defines develop or modify application modules or enterprise-wide software systems using disciplined software development processes.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Identifies better sources of data feeds and interfaces with Enterprise Architects to ensure its feasibility with the corporate data warehouse.
- Adheres to quality standards and procedures. Reviews modules for quality assurance and validate checks compliance with application architecture standards. Conducts unit testing of application modules to ensure compliance with specifications.
- May assist in defining development guidelines and standards for software development.
- Documents changes to system and application architecture diagrams, integration and conversion plans.
- Assist in the development of reports and presentations for senior management.
- Provides Tier III support for applications.
- Provides technical guidance, business process expertise and technical leadership to team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to ‘stop’ work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.25 Defines, develops or modifies software applications25 Converts information from design specifications to programming code25 Collaborates with stakeholders25 Other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related Discipline (including Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or similar discipline).
- Three (3) or more years’ experience with programming/systems analysis.
- US Citizenship, needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy “Q”-level security clearance.
- Demonstrated Experience with Java
- Demonstrated Experience with AJAX
- Demonstrated Experience with HTML
- Demonstrated Experience with Web Services.
- Demonstrated Experience with Revision Control Software
- Demonstrated Experience with SQL
- Demonstrated Experience with Messaging
- Demonstrated Experience with Data Structures
- Demonstrated Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Demonstrated Experience with SQL (ability to develop, modify, and troubleshoot queries)
- Demonstrates high and/or broad level industry knowledge.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, maintain accurate records, prioritize work and analyze problems to develop innovative and effective solutions.
- Demonstrated initiative to maintain technical currency through outside studies and training.
- Ability to identify an appropriate level of team interactions to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying and resolving technical problems and effectively communicating the problems to vendors, customers, and team members.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req174931
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement 2017 Honeywell International Inc.