Application Developer at Buchanan & Edwards
- Job Locations| US-Remote
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Growth requires a strong foundation, and at Buchanan & Edwards, our people are our strength.
They are the foundation for building the next generation of innovative IT solutions, revolutionizing the industry, and solving the nation’s most critical challenges.
Let Buchanan & Edwards help you unleash your potential and reach your goals.
Buchanan and Edwards is seeking a Application Developer to support its Department of State Foreign Services Institute client.
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all that BE has to offer. When you join BE, you become an integral part of our team. Not just an employee number, but a valued opinion with a voice that carries and drives change and innovation. You’ll have access to some of the most well-respected IT industry leaders in virtually every field and learn new tools and techniques while expanding your knowledge and skillset. We’re dedicated to helping you develop your career, and our culture applauds outside-the-box thinking and initiative. Our employee-focused leadership team knows that your success is our success and empowers employees with the necessary tools to excel. Join us as we continue to move the future forward, together.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and deploy web applications utilizing Front-end UI libraries. ie. Bootstrap, CSS with SASS, JQuery.
- Utilize application source control, builds and versioning utilizing Team Foundation Server.
- Analyze business requirements in order to complete the necessary research, planning, development, testing, builds, and integration or enhancements to new or previously owned products (COTS).
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Create diagrams representing current application designs, data architecture and flows.
- Design, develop, and support web-based applications and APIs.
- Produce quality code with a goal of zero defects and 100% code coverage.
- Design and develop architectures, enhance, debug, and implement software.
- Develop, troubleshoot, and deploy web applications utilizing latest Visual Studio.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Review and debug existing source code.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications and reverse engineer software.
- Prepare and provide software-related technical documentation.
- Enforce change management processes in each environment.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code on time and with high quality.
- Able to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Must be able to envision solutions to complex problems and be able to explain them to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify problems and recommend solutions using evidence-based, data-driven analysis.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- Allowable Substitution: Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience can be substituted for a BS/BA degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in software development is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years related experience in the Software Development field.
- Experience developing software based on ‘Use Cases’ documentation, design specifications, defect reports and new system requirements.
- Expert knowledge on monitoring and improving system performance including tuning, application profiling, code scanning tools and able to facilitate code reviews
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems related to software applications and reverse engineer software.
- Five (5) years of experience with latest SQL Server technologies.
- T-SQL experience including writing and troubleshooting stored procedures.
- Experience with SQL Server Batch Processes.
- Advance knowledge of Relational Databases and creating stored procedures. Able to produce ERD with normalized data structures.
- Ability to develop, troubleshoot, and deploy database T-SQL scripts.
- Ability to implement different Authentication methods, i.e. Single Sign-On via Active Directory, two-factor authentication, SAML and OAuth 2.0.
- Experience working with TFS and source control in a team environment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!