AP – AR Accountant at American College of Education - ACE
The AP/AR Accountant is responsible for performing accounts payable and student accounting processes, including, but not limited to vendor record management; invoice and disbursement processing; account reconciliations; employee reimbursement processing; student billing, payment, and refund processing; collections; adjusting entries; and communication with vendors and students.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Actively performs accounts payable and student accounting processes and transactions
- Prepares for audits, including preparing transactions with adequate documentation and schedules
- Creates accounting schedules and reconciliations for vendor and student accounts
- Positively interacts with vendors, team members, and students to ensure customer satisfaction and achievement
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies and Best Practices:
- Meets/exceeds accounting workflow expectations
- Follows leading accounting practices and continuously improves them
- Mentors other finance and accounting staff
- Consistently produces a high volume of quality work
- Completes work within appropriate deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and to work collaboratively with other college team members
- Support and embrace the college’s B Corp mission to improve the people and communities we serve through our civic engagement initiatives
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Must be proactive in continuously improving processes and workflow
- Strong accounting and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Exemplary vendor and student service
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in accounting or applicable work experience
- Applicable certifications preferred
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Preferred experience with CampusVue student information system
- Preferred experience with Microsoft NAV accounting system
At American College of Education, we believe that the best learning environment for students and staff is one in which we encounter viewpoints and experiences that are different, yet complementary to ours. This environment is fostered by the presence of persons with diverse backgrounds. While a necessary precondition, diversity is in and of itself, insufficient. To create and maintain a truly inclusive learning community, we must strive to make all feel equally valued. We may celebrate diversity, but we “live” inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and receive communications from students and ACE employees in real time using online and other electronic media. Minimal travel is required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. American College of Education seeks to attract and retain a diverse staff consistent with its diverse student body and surrounding communities. ACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!