Android Tooling Engineer at Lyft
Android Tooling Engineer
- Location: Remote in U.S.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization..
Lyft’s mobile infrastructure teams are responsible for creating & maintaining the foundational systems that engineers rely on in order to build stable, scalable, polished and efficient apps. We relentlessly focus on the developer experience by providing engineers with flexible tooling that allows them to innovate rapidly on our user experience. We are looking for enthusiastic engineers with experience building productivity tools for Android by creating fast, reliable infrastructure to support a growing Android team.
- Work within our mobile Infra teams and create and maintain foundational building blocks of our infrastructure
- Create tools and services to build and test apps quickly and generally make engineers more productive
- Dive into the source of existing tools, fork, patch, or send fixes to upstreams and de-fork back!
- Explore, prototype, and implement prospective ideas/technologies for further scaling our infrastructure, like adopting Bazel, using remote builds, making performance improvements to Gradle
- Experience in building command-line tools
- Deep understanding of unit testing
- Strong knowledge of Java, Kotlin or .NET
- Experience of supporting Gradle builds or Buck/Bazel
- Experience maintaining a high performance CI pipeline
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services and working with various data stores is a plus
- Track record of pursuing self directed side projects or open source projects
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!