Android Engineer at STUDIO
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
STUDIO makes any piece of fitness equipment smart, whether it’s a budget treadmill or top of the line spin bike. We make that possible with the world’s first home gym console, which turns any existing television into a smarter home gym that displays detailed metrics like running speed, cycling cadence, or punch strength. Our console streams over 3,000+ on-demand classes taught by elite NYC instructors across treadmill, cycling, boxing, rowing, yoga, and strength. We don’t think connected fitness should cost $2,000+ for equipment and $39 per month… instead it should be accessible and available to the masses.
STUDIO is headquartered in NYC, but is a remote first company that employs talent across the globe. We’re a diverse team comprised of entrepreneurs, engineers, marketers, instructors, and production professionals. STUDIO was founded in 2017 by two longtime friends, fitness enthusiasts, and serial entrepreneurs, Jason L. Baptiste and Nathaniel McNamara. We’ve streamed tens of millions of minutes across hundreds of thousands of members. Our investors include top tier funds and brands like LifeFitness, TechnoGym, Huami, FJ Labs, Techstars, and more. We’re looking to take things to the next level and would love to have you join the team.
About the Android Developer position
Studio seeks a motivated Android Framework Engineer to join our remote first team. As an Android Engineer, you will help build exciting members experiences for our growing community. Specifically, you’ll work on our home gym console product that is running a modified version of Android that we call STUDIO OS. In addition, you’ll work on our Android Mobile app.
You will join a small and nimble international team developing for a common RESTful ecosystem supporting clients running iOS, WatchOS, Web and Android. Our development cycle is rapid, iterative, and collaborative. We work hard, but know how to party.
Android Developer responsibilities are:
- Create and maintain advanced applications for the Android platform
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Efficiently use third-party data sources and APIs
- Create and execute unit tests on your code, to ensure its robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Explore and utilize new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Android Developer requirements are:
- 2+ years’ experience of working on an Android Developer position
- At least one original Android app published
- Solid experience in software development experience
- Good experience of working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDK
- Good familiarity with third-party libraries and APIs
- Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related area
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Obj C/Swift, and Go , which we use for iOS
- Experience working with Bluetooth devices and connectivity
- Interest in design and typography
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!