Android Engineer at Big Sky Health
About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creators of the world’s most popular fasting app, Zero, is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven company with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. Big Sky Health is a 100% remote team with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Chicago and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hire globally. To make fully remote work for all we require that all employees have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time.
About the role
- We are seeking an Android developer to join our existing team. You will be building new features, rearchitecting some of our current code bases, and taking ownership of major portions of our products.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with other engineers on the team, but also communicate with individuals outside the engineering team such as product and design
- Excellent communication skills in a remote environment are highly desired
- The application is English only so localization is not required
- We manage tasks in JIRA and communicate mostly over Slac
What we’re looking for:
- Prior Kotlin & Java programming language
- Android OS app development- Networking/interfacing with external APIs
- Understanding of security best practices- End-to-end knowledge of distributing app via Google Play Store
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience with CI(continuous integration) systems
- Experience in building high traffic consumer facing apps is preferred
We’ve got big dreams and an exciting roadmap that reflects that. Join us!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!