Anatomy and Physiology Faculty at Chamberlain University
Online Anatomy & Physiology Faculty (Part-time)
- Location: US-Remote/Virtual-Remote/Virtual
- Job ID: 2021-116935
- Institution: Chamberlain University
- Department: Faculty
- Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
- FLSA Status: U.S. – Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Chamberlain University is pleased to announce a new online, part-time Anatomy & Physiology faculty position in our Bachelor of Science nursing degree program. Using sophisticated state-of-the-art software, this professor will engage geographically dispersed undergraduate students in a virtual setting as they develop knowledge and profiency in Anatomy & Physiology.
The typical course of instruction may include:
Anatomy & Physiology I-IV with Lab (BIOS-251 thru BIOS-256)
This is a four-course sequence in which human anatomy and physiology are studied using a body systems approach. Coursework emphasizes interrelationships between form and function at the gross and microscopic levels of organization.
- Basic anatomical and directional terminology, muscle tissues, fundamental concepts and principles of cell biology, history and the integumentary and skeletal systems
- Fundamental concepts and principles of the muscular and nervous systems, special senses and the endocrine system
- Cardiovascular, immune and respiratory systems
- Digestive, urinary and reproductive systems
If you are passionate about helping others learn and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
In this role, you will:
- Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching Nursing Students in a dynamic online setting
- Implement and embrace Chamberlain College’s Care philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students
- Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
- Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
- Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
- Engage with a geographically dispersed, diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation
- Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
- Enhance the learning environment by engaging in research, scholarship, service and academic advising
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you have:
- Earned a master’s or doctorate degree in Anatomy & Physiology or very closely related field (Biology, biomedical sciences, medical physiology) with a minimum of 18 or more graduate credit hours earned directly in ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY required.
- At least 15-credit hours of online higher education teaching experience is required to be considered for this position
- Possess genuine passion for education and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
- Have a strong work ethic, learn from mistakes, build positive spirit and always look for a better way
- Put the team first, appreciate diverse points of view, assume positive intent, collaborate and communicate openly
- Are able to provide official transcripts (or course-by-course US equivalency evaluation by a NACES-approved evaluator) for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!