Analyst, Investment Accounting at Lincoln Financial Group
Title: Analyst, Investment Accounting
Location: Greensboro, NC, US or Work from Home, US
- Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
- Requisition #63452
About the Company
- Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence.
- Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
- Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
- Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
- This position, Analyst, Investment Accounting will provide timely and accurate accounting & reporting of approximately $100B of fixed income general account invested assets.
- The team works closely with the Securities Data Research (Investment Operations) team to ensure securities are set up and accounted for properly and appropriately reported for GAAP, STAT, and Tax purposes.
- Assists management with the process of accounting for, analyzing, and reconciling more complex investment accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Completes quality assurance checks/audits on investment accounting transactions for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Manages and monitors working relationships with third-party vendors and managed service providers
- Assists with developing more complex control processes to ensure effective procedures are in place to support internal controls, SOX and accepted accounting policies and principles
- Identifies investment accounting trends, issues and/or concerns and develops and recommends mitigation plans to management.
- Manages the relationships with internal/external auditors for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility and ensures more complex identified issues are resolved in a collaborative manner.
- Monitors SOX and internal control procedures and monitors effectiveness
- Provides more complex investment accounting research on high profile general account investments.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) (Minimum Required)
- CPA / CFA Preferred but not required.
- 3 – 5+ Years of experience in accounting, securities or financial reporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position #LI-DS
- This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions.
- Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
- Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!