Affiliate Faculty – Cybersecurity at Regis University
Affiliate Faculty – Cybersecurity
- Remote Location
- Part time
Position Type: Affiliate
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0
Requested Start Date for this Position: 02/10/2020
Campus Location:Remote Location
Full-time or Part-time: Part time
The Computer Science Department is seeking affiliate faculty to teach courses in the BS in Cybersecurity programs. Affiliate faculty are members of the Faculty who work part-time to teach individual courses. These are experienced and practicing computing professionals with the capability of effectively promoting learning within individual courses and programs. Our Affiliate Faculty all have a minimum of a master’s degree and significant experience in fields related to the courses they teach.
Special Instructions to Applicants: If you are interested in applying for this position, please be prepared to attach a resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter. This Affiliate Faculty member must be able to facilitate undergraduate Cybersecurity. Courses will be primarily online. Affiliate faculty may also assist in curriculum development if qualified.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Cybersecurity (or closely related discipline) is required.
- Successful candidates will have recent, substantive and relevant cybersecurity experience.
- Successful candidates must also embrace a value-based education as taught to our students.
- Generally, the candidate must have 18 credit hours in graduate level CS (or closely related field, i.e. Cyber, IT, IS, etc…).
- Cybersecurity knowledge:
- a. Knowledge of subject matter and course content pertinent to cybersecurity programs.
- b. Expertise in tools (such as Splunk, Wireshark, Nessus, etc.) appropriate for upper-division and potentially graduate-level technical cybersecurity courses.
- c. Knowledge of cybersecurity trends.
- d. Enterprise security design and implementation skills.
- e. Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Work Schedule: This Affiliate Faculty member will facilitate 8- or 16- week undergraduate and/or graduate Cybersecurity courses (mainly online or potentially ground-based delivery formats in the future) on a per course basis as available in the College of Computer & Information Sciences.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!