Advisory DevOps Engineer
Radnor, Pennsylvania; Providence, Rhode Island; San Diego, California; Remote, United States
This team member is responsible for high speed IT by leveraging automation, scripting, and multiple toolsets that have a high ROI and bring value to the overall business. Members support the planning, installation, automation, security, and improvement of all systems and services across multiple environments and data centers. Strong working knowledge of AWS, Linux/Unix, Container security, open source technologies, and PostgreSQL. Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Python, and/or Django ideal. Support of the eMoney production infrastructure and application is on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Responsible for taking the lead on building automation of specific applications and CI/CD pipelines. Team member is responsible for researching valuable emerging technology and implementing technology that will bring value to the team and overall company.
- Responsible for automation and streamlining of all operations and processes.
- The Lead will work in conjunction with manager to develop tools and applications that allow eMoney to efficiently scale and deliver compute, network and application services. Members will take the lead for writing, testing, and deploying code to specific applications and services. Individual is responsible for mentoring, coaching, and knowledge transfer to fellow team members.
- Plan, research, design and model robust security posture using cloud-native container platforms hosted on traditional data centers and on cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Work with the eMoney Security Team to help develop security engineering requirements, procedures and policies for on-prem, cloud/container-based systems
- Work with the eMoney Security Team to research security standards, protocols, and authentication tools in support of cloud/container-based systems
- Member will lead the promotion and implementation of robust monitoring, metrics, and alerting for our cloud based systems.
- Member is responsible for supporting a highly available production infrastructure environment and support infrastructure throughput software life-cycle while collaborating with Development and other internal business partners to deliver a highly scalable and available application.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4 year bachelor’s degree
- 10-13 years of relevant work experience
- Strong working knowledge of supporting Linux/Unix, Docker, Containers, and Orchestration technology.
- Strong working knowledge CI/CD best practices and systems
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and coach other team members.
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL and/or AWS RDS along with the ability to use a wide range of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Leveraging multiple tools to support environment across life cycle. Supporting and implementing systems and perf monitoring, APM’s, automation tools, software delivery tools, and Development support tools.
- Strong understanding of cloud networking and concepts, troubleshooting, and working in fast paced and ever changing environments.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as being able to support multiple projects and workload simultaneously.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available 24x7x365 Production environment.