- Part time
Send a cover and resume and brief 1-2 minute video submission. Please link to the video in your cover letter. For your video submission, pretend you’re speaking to a prospective Smartly student and answer the following question: Can you explain the benefits of the Smartly MBA over traditional elite programs? Accuracy of information is less important than your presentation skills and comfort communicating on video chat. Applications without a video submission will not be considered.
We’re seeking an Admissions Representative to assist in student outreach and placement for Smartly’s business degree programs. Primary responsibilities include conducting student interviews with professionals from a variety of industries, backgrounds and cultures and making recommendations for placement. This candidate should excel in interpersonal roles and possess superior presentation skills. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, polished, and upbeat communicator who is comfortable speaking with senior-level executives and entrepreneurs while representing the Smartly brand.
This is a part-time position, and can be based anywhere in the US. We ask that you apply only if you have at least 10 hours/week to contribute towards this work, as well as a functioning laptop. The rate for this role is $30/hr.
- Schedule and participate in phone or video candidate interviews
- Provide candidates with information on program offerings, financial options, and academic prerequisites
- Authorization to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to cultivate relationships and build rapport with high-achieving academic and professional applicants
- Ability to work nights and mornings EST
- MBA or other graduate level degree
- Comfort and experience with multicultural client base or work environment
- Experience working in high performance standard, driven, and team-oriented environment
- Self starter; growth and results oriented
- Prior experience in college-level admissions a plus
Pedago is an education-technology company with a mission to democratize access to high quality education programs and career advancement opportunities. Smartly, our innovative learning system, offers a free, selective MBA degree, along with other disruptively affordable business and corporate training programs, and combines the best of traditional top MBA programs with the next generation of interactive online learning.
Founded by the former CEO and fellow executives of Rosetta Stone, Pedago is a rapidly expanding company seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment with opportunity for growth. Our MBA and EMBA already enroll over 350 new elite students every six weeks, making it the largest highly selective MBA program in the world – and we see room for significant further growth.
Pedago supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.