Administrative Support Specialist at Virta Health
Title: Administrative Support Specialist
Location: United States – Remote
Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal.
Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is available to 100% of the U.S population, and we are expanding our capabilities to bring our groundbreaking online type 2 diabetes reversal treatment to even more patients.
We’re looking for a motivated individual to join our Lab Support team at Virta. This person must have the ability to work independently and with teams. In this role, you will support critical business functions related to lab collection and transcription.
The Administrative Support Specialist will be part of our Patient Alliance team who works to support the manual functions necessary to facilitate lab collection and transcription, as well as eligibility checks and escalations. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the patient experience and who is willing to jump in and make an impact. This individual will assist Virta’s coach, provider, and enrollment teams to ensure applicants and patients are receiving resolutions for non-clinical issues which will help Virta transform more and more patient lives!
Note: this is a remote and part-time work opportunity.
- Work with team members through ZenDesk and Salesforce queuing systems to review, upload and transcribe lab submissions, provide lab orders, escalate billing inquiries and various other requests.
- Help execute manual checks using existing processes and tools to ensure patients are eligible for treatment and resolve escalations
- Follow established processes while providing insights and feedback for improvements.
- Maintain team SLAs to support internal stakeholders, including transcriptions per hour, email solves per hour, speed to resolution for eligibility escalations, and passing Quality Assurance checks.
- Assist with tasks, as needed, to support the larger Patient Support and Virta teams.
- Facilitate applicant and patient communications while maintaining HIPAA compliance.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Understand the Virta patient journey
- Become familiar with the applications used to perform daily tasks
- Learn daily workflows related to lab transcription, eligibility checks, and collection initiatives
- Follow workflow escalation pathways
- Build relationships with the Support Operations team and other Virtans
- Available to work between 20-30 hours per week and available to work over weekends as needed
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to problem solve
- Experience and comfort using multiple digital tools and systems, with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- High attention to detail in order to effectively solve tickets the first time around and accurately input data into Virta’s EHR platforms
- Ability to think critically and be data-driven in solving patient problems
- Operational experience, especially in a fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta’s security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients’ information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.