Administrative Coordinator at Smart Blogger
ADMINISTRATIVE MARKETING COORDINATOR (FULL-TIME POSITION)
- Smart Blogger, Inc. – Remote Position
- $40,000 – $50,000 a year – Full-time, Other
Are you the kind of person whose eyes light up at the mention of organization?
Do you actually enjoy crunching numbers in spreadsheets?
Well then, we might just want to offer you a job.
Behind the scenes, Smart Blogger does some incredibly sophisticated marketing. Hundreds of thousands of contacts, millions of emails, a small fortune on the line each and every week.
Surprisingly, the vast majority of it runs on autopilot. Using a suite of automation tools, we’ve built a “machine” that produces seven figures a year in revenue.
And if you’re the right sort of person, we might be interested in hiring you to oversee and coordinate the efforts of our marketing team for us. Read on for more details.
- This is an administrative position for the marketing department.
- You’ll run our marketing calendar, improve our documentation, and meticulously track and report data to the rest of the team. In other words, you’ll assist our marketing manager and marketing automation specialist with keeping everything organized and running efficiently behind the scenes.
- You’ll also need some basic tech and marketing skills. On the one hand, you’ll need a logical, organized. On the other, you’ll need to understand different kinds of marketing funnels.
- The good news is, we don’t expect you to know everything from day one. You will need recent experience with email marketing or CRM systems, preferably Active Campaign and Infusionsoft, but the other skills can be learned on the job.
- Mostly we’re looking for the right mindset. Someone who’s technically-minded and meticulous, with excellent communication skills. Someone who can handle complexity but understands the power of simplicity too. Someone who is so extremely careful others might describe you as paranoid sometimes!
- Also, did we mention you can work from home? You’ll be expected to keep regular hours and stay in touch with the rest of the team, but there’s no commute to the office, dress code, or parking spaces. It’s an entirely remote position.
Note: In addition to the skills and experience described below, you must have a steady, verifiable work history. If you haven’t recently held a position for at least two years or are unable to provide references for any job held in the last 5 years, please do not apply.
- Review and maintain the marketing calendar, keeping a close eye on what campaigns are currently running and which ones are coming up
- Meet with Jon weekly to go over campaign details to identify any changes that need to be made, as well as new copy he might need to write
- Run campaigns with no critical mistakes – this position relies on extreme carefulness to avoid sending the wrong email to over 100,000 people!
- Schedule and send broadcasts for marketing campaigns as well as sending broadcast emails to students on behalf of the product team
- Devising and tracking metrics to measure the success of our marketing efforts
- Providing our customer support and product teams with all of the documentation they need as well as fast and clear responses from you when they have questions regarding upcoming promotions
Requirements for the position:
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively through text (much of our team communication goes through either Slack or email)
- A “techie brain” that can think through the complex logic of our automated campaigns
- Familiarity with the different types of marketing funnels used to sell information products, such as flash sales, tripwires, webinars, and minicourses
- Good planning and organizational skills with a focus on results
- Effective self-management (i.e., you can stay productive at home with nobody watching you)
- Proficiency with the following toolsets:
- Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Basic HTML
- Basic understanding of email service providers
- A conscientious attitude and excellent attention to detail – in other words, you understand that sometimes you do need to sweat the small stuff!
- Recent experience with Active Campaign and Infusionsoft (or equivalent full-featured CRM systems)
Beneficial but not required:
- Some kind of programming experience, even if minor
- Technical skills including configuring and maintaining membership plugins, webinar software, WordPress installations and plugins, external APIs, payment processors, etc.
- Basic graphic design skills for landing page layouts
- Basic web page design and coding experience (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Basic video editing skills for tweaking the creating and tweaking sales videos
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 per year (based on experience).
- Benefits: Paid Vacation, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (U.S. based applicants only). Paid Company Holidays. Workers’ Compensation (U.S.-based applicants only).
Smart Blogger is the brainchild of Jon Morrow, and it’s become quite possibly the largest writing site in the world. We have millions of readers around the globe and tens of thousands of customers.
And we have an amazing team to support them. Our culture is friendly and supportive with almost no drama and an extremely low turnover rate.
It’s partly because of the following core values:
- Pragmatic Perfectionism: We believe perfectionism can be a good thing. Not the indulgent kind where you obsess over trivial details, but the willingness to take extra time to get it right when it truly matters. And when it doesn’t? We set those tendencies aside, sacrificing excellence in favor of speed and efficiency. So yes, we are perfectionists, but we are also pragmatists, and it’s by combining the two that we do great work.
- The Ultimate Office: We are even more productive at home than we could be at an office. Sure, nobody is watching over our shoulders to see if we’re working, but they don’t have to. We get so much done there’s absolutely no doubt we are staying on task. And yes, pajamas are totally a productivity enhancer.
- Flexible is a Two-Way Street: Yes, we have the freedom to adjust our schedule whenever there’s not a meeting, but we’re also available when a teammate runs into a problem or there’s an urgent issue, even when it’s not during our normal hours. Sometimes that means adjusting our personal life to support our teammates, and we’re okay with that.
- No Distractions: We love peace and quiet. No politics, no drama, no needless meetings, no distracting our teammates. Instead, we create a space where everyone can focus, and in that space, we do the deep work that really matters.
- Serve the Student: We believe in doing what’s right for our students, even when it’s painful. Sometimes that means offering a refund when it’s against our policy or giving them a bit of free coaching or advice. We may even give them a free course to help when they’re struggling or refer them to another company that can serve them better. It may not be convenient, it may not be profitable but it helps our students, and that’s all that matters.
How to Apply:
- Go to this website address: https://forms.gle/JeojLCdfbHWAvgav6
- Complete the application and we will review it and get back to you if we are interested in talking further.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!