Administrative Coordinator (remote)
- United States
- Full Time
- Entry Level
The Voting Rights Lab is a campaign hub designed to supercharge the fight against voter suppression and build more equitable voting systems. In partnership with organizations across the country, we work to build winning state-level campaigns to secure, protect, and defend the voting rights of all Americans.
Between now and 2020, the Lab will:
- Fight voter suppression, particularly attacks against people of color, students, and working people, through strategic, winnable state legislative and ballot initiative campaigns in critical battleground states.
- Preempt further attacks to voting rights through early warning systems designed to detect, monitor, and address voter suppression efforts in real time.
- Expand participation in our democracy and proactively transform our election systems through the adoption of vote-by-mail, early-vote, and the restoration of voting rights to returning citizens.
The Voting Rights Lab is searching for an Administrative Coordinator to support the work of our virtual team. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the United States. The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Chief Program Officer and will support the entire leadership team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling both virtual and in person meetings and events with multiple stakeholders. This includes setting up and managing all logistics, taking comprehensive and concise notes, and driving action items out of the meetings
- Document management including creating and driving systems to organize internal documents and managing our internal shared drive in G suite
- Assist the leadership team with administrative projects including managing budgets and expense reimbursements, booking travel and associated logistics, and managing calendars
- Create and finalize documents that clearly and concisely communicate to both internal and external audiences, including powerpoints, proposals, charts and tables, as well as shepherding the process of getting inputs from multiple people and incorporating them into a final document
- Develop and update systems to make the entire team more efficient and effective
- Operations support including hiring and on-boarding new staff
- Collaborate ad-hoc on projects as needed
What we’re looking for in you:
- At least 2-3 years experience in an administrative or support role
- Someone who sees problems and immediately starts thinking about creative ways to solve them
- Ability to not only work remotely but also juggle lots of technology to create a collaborative team environment across time zones and busy schedules
- An ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Someone who is highly organized and has excellent systems, and is excited to help the rest of the team get and stay organized as well
- Experience with document management, especially google docs
- Experienced using technology including Google Suite, Slack, Zoom video conference and others, and also experienced teaching others how to use it, and use it efficiently
- A clear and concise communicator who is able to do basic document design and construction including: taking raw meeting notes and turning them into a first draft of an evaluation, taking information from a conversation with senior staff and turning it into a first draft of a memo
- A detail oriented person who doesn’t let anything fall through the cracks
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment, with a keen ability to keep a cool head. Will take the work seriously, but not yourself!
Details: The Voting Rights Lab is a virtual organization. Candidates can be based anywhere in the United States and will work from a home office or local co-working space. You will report to the Chief Program Officer, but support the entire leadership team across multiple time zones. This is a full-time salaried position.
Salary and benefits: The target salary range for the full-time position is $50,000 to $60,000 depending on experience. We also offer health benefits including medical, vision and dental coverage, a retirement plan, 25 days paid time off annually, and as well as paid holidays including Dec 24 to Jan 1. We offer ongoing training opportunities and a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment.