Administrative Assistant at Tuft & Needle
- REMOTE /
- PEOPLE OPERATIONS – TEAM EXPERIENCE /
THE JOURNEY TO YOUR DREAM JOB COULD BE JUST A CLICK AWAY…
- In 2012, Tuft & Needle (tn.com) revolutionized the mattress space by turning the focus to the customer with always-honest pricing, an insistence on high-quality products, and a world-class customer experience.
- We started our journey with two software engineers and a dream and today we have grown to a team of more than 175 talented people, working each day to bring the world premium sleep products at an honest cost.
- Together, we are radically reshaping how we think about sleep, mattresses, and shopping – and we’re just getting started. Want to join us?
- At Tuft & Needle, our leadership team is critical to the success of our company. They have busy schedules and can use help in directing their focus. They are responsible for not just leading our company, but also being evangelists and story-tellers of the brand.
- The role of the administrative assistant includes some of the obvious responsibilities such as organizing schedules, helping communicate with advisors, SSB counterparts and partners, creating and organizing documents, managing invoicing and expenses, and planning occasional lunches when requested is all part of the job.
- Beyond that, the role is so much more. A successful candidate will become an extension of the leadership team, able to prioritize inbound emails and conflicting meeting requests. Coordinate with EA team, and help make and execute decisions
- The role requires a large amount of autonomy and someone who has sound judgment. Furthermore, the individual should be a strong listener and highly empathetic. They should have the confidence to challenge those they support and be a sounding board for their difficult decisions.
- The ultimate goal of the administrative assistant is to increase the effectiveness of the leadership team every day, and to maximize the time they spend on the most impactful activities for the business and the team.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for balancing multiple calendars simultaneously
- Ensure company invoices are coded correctly and sent to the correct team for approval
- Provide backup to the Executive Assistants as needed to cover vacations, etc.
- Help morale by being present and interacting with various team members virtually
- Respond to meeting requests promptly and with an estimated scheduling timeline
- Strong work ethic, proactive and a passion for being part of a high performing team
- Consistent track record of working independently but also acting as a teammate
- Ability to prioritize and anticipate needs; requires a high degree of judgment
- Strong attention to detail and tracking high volumes of data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Internet proficiency and knowledge of web-based applications
- Highly professional with excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to problem solve with limited supervision
- Ability to think on your feet and respond rapidly to changing work environments
- Ability to contribute new ideas and think of out of the box solutions to opportunities as they arise
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications, or related degree preferred
YOU’LL SLEEP WELL WHEN YOU WORK WITH US
Our people You’ll work with some of the most talented, supportive, and savvy individuals out there. We’re very proud to work with each other. We’re shaking up the mattress industry and delivering an experience for clients they would never expect. And we’re proud of that too!
Our product Each team member receives a great bundle of products for themselves. You will too if you join the team! Your friends and family will also have access to a great product discount.
Our benefits We offer comprehensive health benefits for you, eligible partners and dependents. We have paid maternity & paternity leave, 401k with a match, a generous vacation plan, and so much more.
Tuft & Needle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Your experience is important to us. If you have any questions with your application, please contact our Candidate Experience Team at email@example.com
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!