Adjunct Instructor – The Art and Business of Design at Rasmussen College
Online Adjunct Instructor – The Art and Business of Design
- Job Category: Adjunct
- Requisition Number: ONLIN04254
- Online-Nationwide United States
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and in-person at 23 campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and support its students every step of the way, from their first credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit www.rasmussen.edu.
- Adjunct Faculty will report to an Academic Dean
Adjunct faculty members are primarily responsible for communicating with students and other University staff related to teaching and learning. Faculty are expected to:
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with students in regards to feedback on student performance on a consistent basis throughout the course and as required by the Faculty Expectations
- Be available for students via phone, email and for individual appointments as needed for questions and academic assistance as determined and outlined in the Faculty Expectations
- Respond to Dean/University staff in regards to performance, student issues/concerns, or items needed for faculty file/accreditation needs in a timely manner
- Appropriate behavior, language, professional communication, demeanor and dress will be exhibited at all times
The essential function of the position include, but are not limited to the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities consistent with the function. The employee is expected to perform all other duties as requested, directed, and/or assigned. Adjunct faculty will be assigned up to 3 work units per academic quarter.
Teaching Effectiveness: Professionalism, Use of Technology, and Content Expertise
- Dynamic, Active Classroom
- Use of effective teaching strategies and multiple teaching techniques; teaching and modeling appropriate level learning skills and creating an environment conducive to learning
- Creating high levels of student engagement through activities, community building, and student-centered learning including the use of live classroom tools to hold synchronous learning sessions with students
- Clarity, relevance, and connection of class session objectives to course performance objectives
- Organized classroom and efficient use of class time
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Demonstrate mastery and ability to articulate and relate to students
- Plan an integral role in the development and implementation of curriculum and assessment for their area of expertise
- Student and College Support and Professionalism:
- Faculty are responsible for creating a classroom presence in support of students in collaboration with their Dean
- Student support and outreach that supports the success of students is accomplished through faculty availability to students in all courses through synchronous or asynchronous communication and meetings to help students achieve the learning objectives for their course(s)
- Faculty Meetings and other responsibilities:
- Faculty will attend events, programmatic meetings, and committee work as agreed upon and or designated by the Dean
- Appropriate behavior, language, professional communication, demeanor and dress will be exhibited at all times.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Teaching experience preferred. (Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of study)
- 4+ years in the graphic design/web fields. Substantial experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, leadership, and peers.
- Excellent written communication and strong verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Online adjuncts will need regular access to a computer with the following system requirements
- Windows XP or greater
- Microsoft Office 2010
- An internet connection
Education, certifications and Licensures:
- Bachelors degree in Digital Design, Fine Arts with a digital/graphic concentration, Graphic Design, Media Arts and Animation, Multimedia Design, Visual Arts
- Rasmussen University follows the requirements set by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, and the states in which the campuses operate.
- Must be able to provide professional licenses/certifications required for specialized schools (Health Sciences, Nursing) before teaching. License must be active and unencumbered.
- Must be able to provide official transcripts for each degree earned from an accredited institution before teaching.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Digital Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Fine Arts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Graphic Design.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Media Arts and Animation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Visual Arts.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!