Adjunct Instructor of Communication
Online – Remote
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Duties include teaching the entire range of appropriate courses from beginning to advanced. Students in these classes are preparing for Associate and/or Bachelor degrees. Basic duties will involve instruction, tutoring, student advising, and some curriculum development. The instructor is responsible for the retention of students from the beginning to the end of the module.
- Conduct classes in accordance with established syllabi and lesson plans.
- Prepare, administer and grade assignments, quizzes and tests.
- Provide objective and subjective feedback regarding student performance.
- Maintain records of student attendance, grades, lab, and/or homework assignments.
- Advise students regarding academic matters to improve successful course completion.
- Conduct assigned courses that results in a high level of student satisfaction and course completion.
- Communicate pro-actively with campus administration regarding student issues.
- Ensure campus and college regulations and policies are known and followed.
- Maintain a healthy, secure, and safe classroom environment.
- Participate in scheduled faculty meetings and in services.
- Report Preparation.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A current working knowledge of all theory and practical applications for courses being taught.
- Communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and through appropriate electronic media.
- Work successfully in a team environment.
- Hold the appropriate degree for courses being taught, as stipulated by ACCSC.
- Additional specific requirements listed below where appropriate
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.