Adjunct Instructor – Humanities at Colorado Technical University - CTU
Adjunct Instructor Humanities- CTU Online (Job Number: 42889)
Consistent with and supportive of CTU’s mission (to provide industry-relevant higher education to a diverse student population through innovative technology and experienced faculty, enabling the pursuit of personal and professional goals), Adjunct Faculty members provide quality and innovative instruction and meaningful engagement with our students to successfully achieve the relevant course, program, and degree level outcomes and support their academic success.
- Prepare relevant, insightful, and engaging instructional materials and utilize existing course materials that support learning by CTU’s student population.
- Provide instruction in assigned courses (including applicable laboratory or work that is integral to the courses) that aligns with CTU’s curricula and outcomes, instructional modalities, course technologies, and faculty expectations.
- Engage and communicate with students to encourage their course participation and learning while maintaining mutual respect and professionalism.
- Relate professional/industry experience to CTU’s Professional Learning Model by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, introduction of professional/industry perspectives into courses, and active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Maintain accessibility for and provide timely responsiveness to students, academic/faculty leadership, and University staff by telephone, CTU e-mail, and other appropriate means of communication.
- Establish and maintain weekly office hours for student questions/support.
- Assess student performance on course assignments and provide assignment feedback to support continued student growth and development.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of student course activities.
- Work with appropriate CTU teams (e.g., advising, academic/faculty leadership, and University staff) and leverage appropriate information to identify and support students who may be exceptional or challenged in their coursework and/or educational endeavors.
- Refer students to appropriate co-curricular and extra-curricular resources (e.g., advising, tutoring, library, learning centers, and career services).
- Participate in and contribute to CTU’s academic governance through attendance at appropriate University/college/program meetings and participation in the academic assessment and institutional effectiveness process (including completion of appropriate surveys and participation in continuous improvement initiatives).
- Successfully complete required new faculty certification training, course-specific technology/pedagogical training, annual ethics and information technology policy training, and annual faculty development requirements.
- Provide periodic required documentation of ongoing and updated licensures, certifications, immunizations (as appropriate to the specific college/program), scholarship, and academic/professional experience (e.g., CVs/resumes).
- Work closely with Program Chair and/or Lead Faculty (as appropriate).
- Perform other responsibilities and abide by the appropriate policies and procedures contained in CTU’s Faculty Handbook.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with proficiency in meeting deadlines and urgency in responding to questions/requests.
- Strong interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in working effectively, cooperatively, and flexibly in a team environment.
- Proficiency with standard office and mobile applications (i.e., word processing, presentations, e-mail, calendaring, teleconferencing, text messaging, personal computers, and smart phones/tablets).
- Minimum and preferred (if different) from an institution regionally accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent), additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply; educational requirements from primary MCO.
- Minimum and preferred (if different) academic/teaching experience requirements from primary MCO.
- Minimum and preferred (if different) professional experience requirements from primary MCO.
- 18 graduate semester credit hours/27 graduate quarter credit hours in subject domain(s) from primary MCO.
- Minimum and preferred (if different) licensure/certification requirements from primary MCO.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!