Adjunct Instructor at Art of Education University - AOEU
Remote Adjunct Instructor
- Department Instruction
- Employment Type PTE
- Minimum Experience Experienced
- Compensation Commensurate with Education and Experience
Remote Adjunct Instructor | The Profession |
The Art of Education University (AOEU) is seeking new online adjunct instructors. A terminal degree (PhD, EdD, or MFA) is preferred for consideration. A master’s degree is required and will be considered when paired with unique specializations that meet the university’s needs.
Remoteadjunct instructors play a key role in providing a world-class learning experience to our students—primarily professional K-12 art educators. This role involves providing inspiring instruction as well as engaging facilitation and discussion in addition to fair assessment and evaluation of student work.
Instruction Department | What We Believe |
- We deliver high-touch, humanized instruction for all learners led by qualified, passionate instructional faculty who are leaders in the field of art education.
- In humanized learning that takes the distance out of distance education.
- In providing meaningful and personalized feedback for every student and every assignment.
- Students deserve access to highly qualified, authentic, and approachable faculty.
- In meeting students where they are and empowering students to meet and exceed their goals.
- Great learning is shared. We are all experts at something. We can all learn from each other.
- Our roster is earned through trust and dedication. We seek a captivated (not captive) audience.
The Art of Education University | Who We Are |
Our mission is simple, driven, and inspiring: “We grow amazing art teachers by providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging professional development at every stage of their career.”
AOEU is an innovative and fast-growing institution of higher education serving art teachers around the world. In 2019, we became the first homegrown graduate university in the state of Iowa in 50 years, and the world’s first University for Life, serving art educators throughout an entire lifetime of learning.
The Art of Education University serves tens of thousands of students, readers, and customers around the U.S. in over 40 countries. Our magazine is read more than 800,000 times each month, our events are attended by over 4,000 art educators annually, we serve over 2,000 graduate students each year, and we have over 500 students enrolled in our master’s degree program.
The Details | Adjunct Instructor|
- Audit one course utilizing our online LMS for training purposes.
- Instruct one course using the same LMS to learn the course structure and format.
- Instruct courses as assigned throughout the year on a mutually agreed upon basis.
- Commit to the time requirements needed for comprehensive course instruction. Actual time will vary based on workload.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Well-versed in art education topics
- Comfortable with online learning platforms and other forms of technology
- Exhibits confidence, energy, and expertise
- Relates to adult learners at a variety of stages within their careers while simultaneously promoting student growth
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that reflect a high level of professionalism
- Highly organized with strong professional collaboration skills
- Easily adaptable to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven work ethic and ability to fully function in a remote work from home environment
- Exhibits passion and professionalism through contributions to the field of art education
- The duties of this position are typical of those performed in a home office setting with normal ranges of temperature. The majority of tasks will be performed while sitting at a desk.
- Position requires considerable concentration and focus for specific time intervals
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
VISUAL and TACTILE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to view computer screens for significant periods of time. The Art of Education University is an online university. Therefore 95-98% of one’s time will be on or using technology.
- Ability to use a laptop keyboard with accuracy
- Ability to hear at normal levels and through electronic devices such as laptops, earbuds, phones, etc.
- An earned PhD, EdD, or MFA with experience in the field of art education is preferred.
- An earned master’s degree with experience in the field of art education is required.
- Master’s degree candidates will only be considered when paired with unique specializations aligned with institutional needs.
- Five or more years of teaching experience in the field of art education
- Experience teaching and working with adult learners strongly preferred
- Experience in higher education preferred but not required
- Experience in distance education preferred but not required
Compensation and Benefits
Structured as a part-time exempt, project-based position, AOEU instructors are compensated using a formula that takes into account the number of students and the number of credits on each course roster. Compensation is nationally competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
This role is 100% online and can be completed from anywhere with a reliable, high-speed internet connection. The work schedule is flexible as long as work is completed in a thorough and timely manner and meets or exceeds the expectations of the institution.
- Persons interested in applying should complete the application form linked below. Applicants are required to submit a short 1-3 minute video explaining why they would like to be considered for the position and why they are uniquely qualified. Failure to submit a video will automatically eliminate applicants from the application process.
- Candidates who advance to Round 2 of the application process will be required to complete a packet for review prior to their scheduled interview with the Dean of Instruction.
- Finalists will also interview with the President of the University.
- All applicants and candidates will be notified of the status of their application.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!