Full-time Adjunct Faculty, Nurse Practitioner
- Remote/Nationwide, USA
- Full time
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Master’s degree programs. The full-time adjunct position requires the commitment to teach 3 to 5 sections per term.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teach synchronous or asynchronous seminars (10 or 6 week units) as assigned by school or program.
- Maintain school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensure timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partner with Student Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Deliver mid-term and final grades in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Enforce student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attend university, departmental, and faculty meetings as requested.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in distance learning.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School of Nursing.
- Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field (PhD, DNP, EdD).
- Active unencumbered license as a RN and national certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse (FNP, AGACNP or AGNP).
- 1-3 years’ related practical/professional experience and/or training; Online, higher education teaching experience is a preferred.
- Adjunct must have demonstrated exemplar performance; high performer track record with recognized outcomes and student success.
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
Location: Remote/Nationwide, USA
Employee Type: Employee
Job Functional Area: Faculty
Business Unit: BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue University Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer