Title: Adjunct Faculty – Medical Terminology, Science Prerequisites Program
Position Type: Adjunct
Employment Status: Part Time
Adjunct Instructors within the College of Graduate and Professional Studies (CGPS) are critical to the success of UNE’s online programs. The role of the instructor in CGPS is to facilitate the learning process for online students through timely and effective instruction and communication. Instructors also serve as mentors, sharing their experience to help guide students and ensure they achieve their educational and professional goals. The instructor facilitates the retention of students through creating a positive educational environment, allowing for students to derive the maximum benefits from the program in which they are enrolled. Instructors will receive supervision, collaboration and guidance from the Science Prerequisites Program Director.
The ideal candidate would possess prior online classroom experience in an educational setting, the ability to effectively communicate with students, and a passion for teaching the sciences.
- Provide expert knowledge in a specific science content
- Guide students through their educational experience while upholding and adhering to the CGPS commitment to student success
- Provide timely response to student inquiries, preferably within 24 hours
- Facilitate class instruction by engaging in the online course portal a minimum of 5 times per week
- Host a minimum of one hour of virtual office hours per week
- A master’s degree in science or closely related field; Ph.D. preferred
- A minimum of five years teaching experience in the area of instruction
- A desire to motivate and encourage students in their academic and professional setting
- Previous instructional experience with adult students, preferably in an online setting
- A familiarity with online teaching and/or a desire to learn new technological approaches to education