Adjunct Faculty – Media Ethics and Law at Southern New Hampshire University
Title: Adjunct Faculty – Media Ethics and Law
- Location: USA – Remote
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking faculty to teach COM449, Media Ethics and Law within our Communication program.
In this course, students will examine the interrelationship of government oversight, public policy and regulation, and social responsibility in the communication profession. They will investigate how communication professionals abide by ethical codes of conduct and adhere to laws and regulations in the creation, repurposing, and dissemination of communication messages. Additionally, students will explore the various ways that communication professionals can demonstrate social responsibility when producing communication projects.
Our online faculty provide high-quality academic experiences and support students as they work toward their educational goals. Online faculty members work collaboratively in a supportive academic environment, partnering with student advising and the academic team to ensure that each student has support, tools and resources he or she need to be successful.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Provide a high level of student outreach and connect with students, academic advisors and team leads on a frequent basis to ensure student success
- Be engaging, offering and increased and innovative presence in the classroom
- Provide substantial student feedback and offer a quick turnaround on grades
- Masters in Communications, Visual Communication, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Three+ years of industry experience necessary
- Two years of online teaching experience
- JD in Media Law
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign, Digital Photography, Video, Film and Animation
- Professional experience in advertising, marketing, corporate communications, communication, or a capacity where design work was needed on a regular basis
- The standard compensation for most courses is $2,200 per 8-week undergraduate course, and $2,500 per 10-week graduate course.
- Undergraduate and graduate adjuncts are paid bi-weekly and are considered W-2 employees of Southern NH University.
A background check is required for employment and may include licensure/certification verification.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!