Adjunct Faculty – Master of Information Technology Management
Job ID 2018-1552
Type Regular Part-Time
About Colorado State University-Global Campus:
Colorado State University-Global Campus is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement.
Colorado State University-Global Campus delivers the next generation of online education that lives up to the reputation of the Colorado State University System for quality and innovation. Offering Bachelors completion and Masters Programs in career relevant fields, CSU-Global Campus is designed to fit into the busy lives of working adults. The 100% online university has faculty that are national leaders in their fields of study, and are specially trained to teach adult learners in an online platform. The university offers 8-week courses, with multiple start dates every semester and a simplified enrollment process.
The faculty member in the Master of Information Technology Management program should:
- Communicate effectively with students through our Learning Management System (LMS), including video updates.
- Have experience with cyber security and information assurance
- Have experience with cloud computing and cloud computing virtualization.
- Have experience with business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Have experience with project management.
- Adhere to all CSU-Global Faculty Expectations including:
- Presence in the online classroom a minimum of 5 days per week, one being on a weekend.
- Ability to conduct a minimum of 2 – 1 hour live sessions per term using our communication tool, Zoom.
- Grade and provide detailed feedback on all assignments (critical thinking assignments and discussion board) within 72 hours of assignment due date. This includes feedback on APA format, writing structure, the use of critical thinking skills and research skills.
- Actively respond to student emails and requests within 24 hours.
CSU-Global courses are 8 weeks in length. Course appointments are awarded on a term to term basis and are based on university enrollment. Employment is considered part time/temporary. Compensation is competitive and includes a contribution to a retirement account. Background checks and reference checks are required of all candidates.
For full consideration, an application should include a cover letter, resume/CV, teaching philosophy, and unofficial graduate transcripts. Please upload your resume/CV to clearly reflect the following information:
- Course Code, Title of Course and dates and university courses were taught
- Publications listed in APA format
- Date and title of Conference Presentations
- University and community engagement
Doctorate or better in Information Technology or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.