Global Academic Programs (Spanish Language) Adjunct Faculty Instructor for Theological Studies – Online
- Online teaching in the Division of Global Academic Program’s Associates and Bachelor of Theological Studies.
- Since these courses are taught online in Spanish, the successful applicant MUST be bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
- Required: A master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the disciplines stated in the position description.
- Preferred: Ph.D. or other doctorate with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the disciplines stated in the position description.
- Required: Teaching experience with adult ministry students stated in the position description.
- Preferred: Three years teaching experience in adult higher education online in the disciplines stated in the position description.
- Required: Applicant must demonstrate healthy and positive teaching, mentoring, or discipling experience in local church or denominational service. In addition, candidates must exhibit familiarity with Microsoft Word.
- Preferred: Applicant will demonstrate healthy and positive teaching, mentoring, or discipling experience in local church or denominational service.In addition, candidates will exhibit experience in use of online learning management systems, Microsoft Office, Curriculum writing and assessment.
- Fully bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish languages
- Demonstrated knowledge of online educational delivery tools
- Demonstrated teaching abilities.
- Demonstrated higher education experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learners
We are seeking applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to building and cultivating diversity through leadership, teaching and/or service.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color,national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer