Adjunct Faculty – DNP Project Chair – Online – College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
- Part time
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions College, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate part-time, online DNP instructors needed- DNP Project Course Series: DNP-955, DNP-960, DNP-965 and Extension Courses.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Project course instructors will support the students in their development of the Direct Practice Improvement (DPI) project proposal, IRB submission, implementation, data analysis, and final submission to the DNP Department.
Instructors for the project courses are responsible for teaching all three sequential courses. Chairs are expected to be with each student throughout their three project courses, plus any additional “extension” courses that are required for the student to finish their final manuscript.
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice (DNP) or Ph.D. Nursing.
- Nurses must maintain an active unencumbered, multi-state RN license in an Enhanced Nurse Licensure compact state. If you are unsure if you are in a compact state, visit: https://www.ncsbn.org/enhanced-nlc-implementation.htm The compact states are in blue. Please check this before applying.
- Two of the following is required:
- At least 3 years’ experience teaching graduate-level coursework.
- At least 5 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated expertise through publications or related professional experience.
- Preference is given to those with a DNP.
- Instructors for the project courses are responsible for teaching all three sequential courses. Chairs are expected to be with each student throughout their three project courses, plus any additional “extension” courses that are required for the student to finish their final manuscript.
- Proficient in English, Grammar, and writing in APA format.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.