Adjunct Faculty – Digital Media at Abilene Christian University
Adjunct Faculty – Digital Media
- Apply now Job no: 492871
- Work Type: Faculty part-time
- Location: Remote
- Categories: Faculty
Abilene Christian University is affiliated with the fellowship of the Church of Christ. All qualified applicants for these positions must be professing Christians and be active, faithful members of a congregation of the Churches of Christ and willing to support the Christian mission and purpose of the university.
Title of Position
Adjunct Faculty – Digital Media
- Posting Location
- College of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Employee Class
- Faculty Part-time
Faculty Position Information
Provide high-quality instruction, direction and support for students in the online classroom environment.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Provide high-quality instruction, direction and support for students in the online classroom environment.
- Provide rich and timely feedback on student work, being both encouraging and constructively critical.
- Facilitate a range of class sizes, up to 29 students.
- Place students in groups on Canvas for assignments/discussions.
- Provide timely and helpful answers to students’ inquiries regarding course material or academic matters.
- Be available for virtual meetings with students one-on-one or in group settings and hold a minimum of two office hours per week.
- Facilitate and grade all assignments in a timely manner (within 24-72 hours).
- Enter final course grades after consultation with lead faculty and/or program director by CGPS deadline.
- Alert lead faculty or Program Director to any student issues. This includes performance issues (e.g. failing grades, failing to turn in assignments, etc.) and policy violation issues (e.g. plagiarism).
- Comply with all pertinent policies and procedures outlined in Abilene Christian University’s Handbook, Faculty Guidelines, and those specified by ACU’s College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Provide feedback to program director for program and/or course improvement.
- Participate in faculty meetings as able.
- Attend/complete program and CGPS faculty training and provide credentialing/records updates as required.
- Other duties, as assigned and directed by lead faculty and/or Program Director.
Professional Development Requirements:
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Time management skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency.
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal abilities.
- Provide quality instruction and support to students while maintaining academic and university standards.
- Ability to collaborate or work independently as the situation requires.
Training Modules Required
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
- Google Calendar, Mail, Sheets and Docs
- Canvas and Bridge (online learning platforms)
- Majority of work is performed in front of a computer and on the telephone; must have the ability to use the computer and remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Manage conversations in person, online and by telephone.
- Work well under pressure and manage stress well.
- Communicate clearly: speak, read, write, and hear clearly to perform essential functions.
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Digital Media, Graphic Design, Studio Art, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution, or a terminal degree in Digital Communications or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must be proficient in industry-standard computer graphic software suites such as Adobe Creative Cloud and demonstrate digital media production skills (photo, video, audio, animation, and web design preferred).
- Additional experience in art and design, digital media, web design, communications, or a related field preferred.
- At least one year of online teaching experience or three years on-campus teaching experience in higher education strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to view and manage role and responsibilities in relation to larger mission, goals and perspective of the university.
- Collaborative nature, with the ability to build consensus.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and solves problems, asking for input and initiating solutions as appropriate and reasonable.
- Capacity to quickly learn new software applications.
- Willingness to receive additional training and/or faculty mentoring.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment when interacting with students, other faculty and staff.
ACU does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, disability, genetic information, national or ethnic origin in employment opportunities, in keeping with applicable state and federal law.
ACU is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the university’s financial and physical assets. Therefore, Abilene Christian University conducts background checks on all candidates for employment in security sensitive positions.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!