Accounts Receivable Specialist at continued
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Remote)
Are you a self motivated person who enjoys working independently in a fast paced environment? Do you embrace change and enjoy new challenges? If so, we want you!
A leader in online continuing education, we are comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional online learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals and students we serve. We are fast paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®, and ranked #6 on the Best Small Workplaces in the US in 2019. Learn more about us at continued.com (and parent company lacallegroup.com).
About Our Team
We work in a black and white world but we have fun doing it. Although we are virtual, we communicate a lot and we’re a tight-knit group. We collaborate, bounce ideas off each other, push each other to think outside the box and rely on each other as an extra set of eyes when ours start to cross. We want someone who can thrive in that environment.
About the Position
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance team. In this position you’ll work closely with the Sales team to ensure customers are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner across multiple entities, and you’ll work with customers on collections issues. You’ll also work collaboratively with the entire Finance team to ensure all revenue-related month-end tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Prepare invoices daily, generate monthly statements
- Complete required customer forms including W9 forms
- Manage and maintain monthly invoicing Google Doc
- Manage any customer required invoicing systems
- Process credit card payments and refunds
- Import automated sales into accounting software
- Process and post customer payments from various sources and post deposits
- Perform collection calls to customers as needed to ensure timely payment
- Complete monthly account reconciliations
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts monthly
- Manage and track credit card chargebacks to monitor growth
- Assist Technology department with testing of accounting-related system and system upgrades
- Interact with customers via email and phone to maintain excellent work relationships
- Investigate and resolve revenue-related discrepancies
- Prepare comprehensive annual sales-by-state report
- Assist finance team and management with ad-hoc reporting
- Assist finance team with various projects as needed
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting required, as well as proven work experience in A/R
- Knowledge and experience with GAAP required
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and Word, tech-savvy in general
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a team mentality are a must
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Sage Intacct system experience preferred but not required
- Sales tax experience a plus
- Must live in the US and be eligible to work in the US full-time without sponsorship
- Able to work from home during regular business hours
- Occasional travel required for an annual company meeting as well as Finance team meetings
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!