Accounts Receivable Specialist at IDEX
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Remote – USA
job requisition id
If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
Maintain customer account balances in an accurate and timely manner. Optimize cash collections through partnerships, proactive communication and utilizing available tools. Bringing a mindset of continuously improving processes, You will be responsible to contribute to a continuous improvement culture, focused on best practices within Airtech US and US Valves companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the application of cash receipts for customer accounts and other miscellaneous receipts for Airtech and US Valve companies. Opening and closing a daily cash receipts batch and reconcile cash receipts journal on a daily basis.
- Daily Account Receivable Collection, including constant interaction with customer via email/phone to maintain AR aging according to our customer payment terms.
- Run D&B Report as need it to review credit history for new customer or existing customer who request an increase on their limit.
- Produce reports of accounts that are in arrears and analyses of bad debt. Reviews and monitors credit sources, credit files, customer applications and delinquent accounts.
- Bank and account receivable reconciliation for Airtech and US Valve Accounts.
- Perform month-end duties related to accounts receivable.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-5 years of Accounts Receivable and Accounting experience, preferred in a manufacturing environment.
- Clear, precise communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities and deliver results in an accurate and timely manner while adapting to changes in priorities.
- Excellent computer and technological skills. Microsoft Office Applications preferred.
- Works effectively in a team environment; both with internal and external
- Consistently operates at the highest level of integrity and is never willing to compromise with regards to ethical standards.
- Detail and process oriented.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee is required to move around and be still; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee will occasionally lift average of 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office working environment.
- Required to wear safety glasses and utilize other safety equipment as required while present on the shop floor.
- Noise level is minimal with intervals of spikes.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with an accommodation. These contact tools may be used only by individuals with a disability for accommodation requests. Do not inquire as to the status of an application.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more