Accounts Receivable Manager, Credit and Collections at Zoom Video Communications
Accounts Receivable Manager, Credit and Collections (Remote)
FINANCE – ACCOUNTING
Zoom is growing at an explosive pace by every measure – revenues, people, innovation, and customers. Led by Eric S. Yuan, the #1 ranked CEO on Glassdoor, our unique culture makes Zoom an awesome place to work. We are expanding teams across the organization. If you are motivated by delivering happiness, come join us at Zoom!
We are looking for a Manager, Credit and Collections to join the finance team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a distributed team. Primary duties of this position include build a credit review process, review credit status and collection limit of customer on a regular basis, reviewing accounts receivable to identify exceptions, collect on delinquent accounts, review and managing chargebacks and other disputed customer balances, and manage all credit and collection reporting and KPIs. This position has an opportunity to be remote or out of a Zoom office location preferably based in Denver, CO. or Atlanta, GA.
- Manage and directs the daily activities of the credit and collections team
- Establish policies to set credit limits and payment terms and ensure periodic reviews and follow ups.
- Design, develop, and deploy effective and efficient collection strategies, processes and workflows.
- Continuously improve all aspects of the collections function and processes to improve cash flow and reduce receivables.
- Perform periodic credit reviews and monitor risk of new and existing customers credit limits
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Sales & revenue, to ensure that credit and collection policies, procedures and practices are implemented and adhered
- Prepare and review monthly aging and DSO reports assessing status of receivables. Distribute reports with comments highlighting key accounts, trends, actions taken and recommended corrective measures. Estimate reserve requirements for credit memos and bad debt write-offs
- Coaches and develops team members, build the team skills through training and development programs, project assignments and staffing for the department
- Maintain solid professional working relationships with other departments, leaders and external customers
- Design, refine and optimize assigned accounts monthly close procedures, taking into consideration all necessary dependencies, and execute timely and accurately in global month-end close activities
- Reach out to customers and collects from key accounts, when required
- Handles escalated communication when necessary in a professional manner to ensure customer happiness
- Minimum of 10 years of previous experience with credit/collections/account receivable, including 5 years of supervisory or management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations concerning credit and collections
- Experience managing credit in a technology or SaaS environment preferred
- Ability to identify potential customer credit risk factors and act appropriately
- Experience with channels partners both in a wholesale and agency model
- Create an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally
- Ability to manage and develop people; sets expectations, teaches, tracks result and manages accountability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to tailor communication to an audience
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and gsuite tool
- Energetic, detail-oriented, and positive attitude
Zoom Video Communications Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2019
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Compensation 2019
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Happiness 2019
- Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2019
- Sales Department is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Diversity on Comparably.
- Zoom Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Professional Development on Comparably.
- Zoom Video Communications is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Overall Culture on Comparably.
- Zoom Video Communications is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Our combined differences are what make us Zoom!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!