Accounts Receivable Accountant at J.D. Power and Associates
at J.D. Power
United States, Remote
Title: A/R Accountant (Temp)
Location: United States (Remote)
Duration: 3+ months
This is a 3+ month temporary project paid through a staffing agency. The A/R Accountant / Staff Accountant manage and execute the Accounts Receivables & Cash Application working with clients and sales and sales support teams ensure the accuracy and compliance of all documents that they are in alignment with Company accounting policies.
- Review AR Aging, Dunning Notices etc and follow up with clients related to past due receivable.
- Cash Application of fund received in bank daily
- Meet accounting dead lines in a timely and accurate manner
- Review and reconcile bank accounts monthly for unposted funds and resolve reconciling items
- Contact Clients still remitting to NAG BOA acct xx6169 about updating remittance. Provide necessary paperwork etc as required by clients.
- Unapplied Cash & Customer Refund Cleanup
- Follow the standardized naming convention
- Produce error-free work consistently
- Correctly apply cash proper accounts/invoices after reviewing incoming remittance emails etc.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects
- Monitor invoicing and revenue schedules on a spreadsheet
- Work with minimal supervision
- Assist Account Executives with client special requests and offer solutions to billing issues
- Respond promptly to all client requests for information
- Liaise and coordinate with sales and operational staff to obtain the necessary information to complete collection efforts and resolve client issues.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Excel and NetSuite
Our Hiring Manager says:
I’m looking for the kind of person who has the ability to quickly grasp complex processes and are operating at a level that will enable them to work independently. In addition, they have the skills and abilities to deliver actionable, data-driven conclusions that lead to greater efficiencies and cost savings
- Functional/Technical – Review and follow up consistently with clients to improve cash flow and process cash promptly in NetSuite. Help find, reconcile and resolve problems that provide clean and accurate financial statements at the end of each month.
- Complex Problem Solving – Being able to correctly identify, analyze and solve business problems timely and provide financial counsel supported by analysis and appropriate KPIs.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills – The ability to speak to business leaders by communicating complex concepts in simple language, to influence decision-makers and drive action.
- Feedback – Being viewed as a “trusted adviser” by the teams the analyst supports.
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!