Accounts Payable Specialist at Medium Corporation
Accounts Payable Specialist
REMOTE W/IN U.S.
At Medium, words matter. We’re building the best place for reading and writing on the internet — where thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas that are judged for the value they provide to readers, not attention they attract for advertisers.
We’re looking for an AP Specialist to support our Accounts Payable function, partnering with a range of teams across the company (including people ops, facilities, admin team, product, engineering…). We believe that AP is a vital role in Accounting.
Medium is growing quickly this year, and your contributions as an AP Specialist will be vital to our success. If you like challenges, you will be an exceptional addition to Medium! We’re excited to see who joins us next. Will it be you?
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for assisting the AP Manager with full-cycle AP processes for vendor payments including but not limited to; AP coding, issuing payments, payment uploads to the bank and PayPal, cutting checks, and processing employee expense reports.
- Ownership and management of expense reimbursement tool, travel booking tool and company credit cards.
- Daily treasure entries for cash management including reconciliation, wire templates and more.
- You will maintain and process timely and accurate payments for our ever-growing cycles on the 15th & 31st for all forms of payables and payments (our systems include NetSuite, Bill.com and Expensify).
- You will maintain complete and accurate vendor information, including W-9s, and international tax forms for year-end 1099 issuance and reporting.
- You will learn the existing AP processes and continue to discuss opportunities for improvement within the team.
- You will handle cash applications and the coordination of bank deposits of checks received at the office.
- You will assist the AP Manager with general ledger reconciliations and sub-ledger maintenance.
- You will assist with customer service via incoming requests in our accounting inbox and slack.
- You will assist the AP Manager with other month-end close items and ad hoc projects on an as-needed basis.
Who are you?
- Flexibility, agility and evolving with process change is vital. We are a startup and we move quickly. The ideal AP specialist will adopt existing process and adapt to new as we grow
- You will have at least three years of experience in Accounting &/or Accounts Payable
- You are customer service oriented while also maintaining a strong attention to detail and high-quality standards
- There is always room for efficiencies, so we welcome a creative mind when it comes to operational improvements using excel, so you’ll need to be proficient with excel
- This is a demanding environment with constant change so having a can-do attitude with a willingness to dig deep and get things done will be necessary
For this role, you can be based anywhere in the U.S.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun, challenging and growing team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We encourage experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!