Accounts Payable Specialist at Sonder
Accounts Payable Specialist
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options from rooms to suites and apartments found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
We are seeking a skilled Accounts Payable Specialist to join our rapidly growing Financial Operations team. As an AP Specialist, you will be responsible for bill processing, coordinating payments and working with internal and external customers. Sonder is a rapidly growing organization and as such our accounting team must be very agile and be comfortable working in an evolving environment.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Manage a global portfolio of building and unit utilities across all Sonder markets
- Contribute to monthly reviews with proper channels
- Apply correct G/L and category coding to expenses
- Ensure auto debited utility payments are properly recorded in accounting system timely
- Process third party and intercompany invoices
- Review and reconcile vendor statements
- Organize housekeeping payments and resolve errors
- Collaborate with city teams and HQ partners to improve processes
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 1 years accounting experience in Accounts Payable
- Netsuite ERP knowledge preferred
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong math, computer & analytical skills
- Experience with Google Sheets a strong plus
- Experience processing expense reports a plus
- Experience with multi-currency invoices/payments a plus
- Team player with positive and agile attitude required
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you’re best at:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (where applicable)
- Flexible vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
- Workplace flexibility for remote positions #ABetterWaytoWork