Accounts Payable Manager at Imperfect Produce
Accounts Payable Manager
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).
About the Role:
Reporting to the Controller, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join our growing Finance Team at Imperfect Foods. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the AP team and all related responsibilities to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy in accordance with GAAP in a high-growth environment. You will be able to scale and make process improvements with a high volume of invoices, transactions and vendors while maintaining compliance with internal controls. You’ll work cross-functionally and collaborate with key Finance business partners (Procurement, IT, Ops, Marketing, etc.) throughout the company.
- Manages day to day operations of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Responsible for timely and complete processing of all AP transactions and ensure accurate coding to General Ledger
- Support training and development of 5-6 staff and help in setting operational goals (KPI’s for invoice processing)
- Help develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners/vendors through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries
- Responsible for supporting accurate and timely completion of AP month-end closing process, perform monthly AP related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Coordinate with Purchasing and the warehouses to resolve 3-way match discrepancies
- Drive process improvements in the AP area and a champion of change; this will be key in this role as there are many process and system improvements to make
- Oversee the Corporate Card program including Expense T&E program and Corp card program
- Supervise maintenance and filing of AP records in accordance with company guidelines
- Identify and escalate priority issues timely to management
- Assist with audit schedules for external auditors as needed
- Supervise preparation of annual 1099 and other AP compliance reporting requirements
- Own the vendor on-boarding procedures and the required tax forms
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Finance / Accounting
- Minimum of 7 years AP experience with people management experience
- Experience with NetSuite and/or other mid/top tier accounting systems and tools is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and grow existing team as well as work develop/maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to multi-task and take on a large volume of work in a high growth environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!