Accounts Payable Manager
At Medium, words matter. We’re building the best place for reading and writing on the internet — where thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas that are judged for the value they provide to readers, not attention they attract for advertisers.
We’re looking for an AP Manager to own our Accounts Payable function, partnering with a range of teams across the company (including editorial, partnerships, product, engineering, people ops, and trust & safety). We believe that AP is a vital role in Accounting.
Medium is growing quickly this year, and your contributions as an AP Manager will be essential to our success. If you like challenges, you will be a phenomenal addition to Medium! We’re excited to see who joins us next. Will it be you?
What you will do in Accounts Payable:
- You will be responsible for the full cycle of AP processes for vendor payments including but not limited to: AP coding, issuing payments, payment uploads to the bank and Paypal, cutting checks, and processing employee expense reports
- You will work to maintain and process timely and accurate payment cycles on the 15th & 31st for all forms of payables and payments (our systems include NetSuite, Bill.com and Expensify)
- You will draft and build an accrual schedule from scratch, including our vendor list with average expense
- You will build daily treasury schedules for management of cash account reconciliations and matching of bank accounts and Paypal statements to NetSuite
- You will maintain complete and accurate vendor information, including W-9s, and international tax forms for year-end 1099 issuance and reporting, that you will lead.
What you will do in Accounts Receivable:
- You will handle cash applications and the coordination of bank deposits of checks received at the office
- You will handle general ledger reconciliations and sub-ledger maintenance
- You will triage all incoming requests in our accounting inbox
- You will assist our Controller with other month end close items including balance sheet reconciliation, pre-paid asset management, and ad hoc projects on an as needed basis
Who would do well in this role?
- You have a BA or BS in Accounting plus at least five years of experience in Accounts Payable
- You are customer service oriented while also maintaining a strong attention to detail and high quality standards
- There is always room for efficiencies so we welcome a creative mind when it comes to operational improvements using excel, so you’ll need to be proficient with excel
- This is a demanding environment with constant change so having a can-do attitude with a willingness to dig deep and get things done will be necessary
For this role, you can be based anywhere in the U.S.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.