Accounting Manager – Internal Control at Oatly
Accounting Manager – Internal Control (Remote)
FINANCE – ACCOUNTING
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team, reporting to the Director of Accounting – Controls & Compliance, North America. This role will support the transformation of the internal control environment, specifically focused on compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Diverse range of opportunities to support process development and documentation, including risk and control identification. You will also liaise across the business to ensure teams are complying with internal control initiatives. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high-energy company.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Manage Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls and reporting requirements
- Work with the Accounting and Finance teams and other key areas of the business as they develop optimal procedures and best practices that support internal control program.
- Perform risk assessments and mitigation activities in relation to internal control
- Review deficiencies and monitor status of implementation of recommendations
- Assess system implementation/modification impact on the internal control environment
- Continued focus on improving ERP system efficiencies and business practices
- Lead training on internal control and provide guidance as SME
- Assist in the implementation of global policies and procedures for the North American region
- Manage external auditor requests to ensure timely and efficient responses and successful results
- Partner with business leaders to implement and manage Enterprise Risk Management program
Here are the things we think you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5-7 years’ accounting experience, with 5 plus years Sarbanes-Oxley experience
- 3 plus years public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley implementation for a public company, including assessing risk, designing, and testing controls.
- Exposure to IFRS is a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and ERP systems, preferably experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or similar ERP.
- Experience with internal controls/audit applications, such as AuditBoard or Workiva, is a plus.
- Are a detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to multitask and jump in to assist the team when critical
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude is a must
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up (there’s a start-up vibe here!)
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworker
- You like a company where people succeed together as the company grows
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and an employee discount to stock your fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world.
The salary for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. Our current good faith estimate of the base salary range for Colorado applicants is $100,000. Compensation may also include bonus, commission, or equity as applicable.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!