Accounting Manager at Honor Technology
Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we’re not a tech company, we’re a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
About the work:
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to supervise, monitor, and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities for the company. In this role, you will establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. This breaks down into the below responsibilities.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounting department
- Complete full-cycle month-end and year-end closes
- This requires an excellent understanding of complex accounting areas, including but not limited to: accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts and forecasting, general ledger, payroll and utilities, benefits, equity, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, leases, account reconciliations, accrual and reserve analysis, intercompany accounting, international accounting, consolidations, investor reporting, fixed asset activity, debt activity, etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports and statements
- Establish and document proper accounting methods, policies, principles, and workflows
- Coordinate and complete internal and external audits and examinations
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
This role may be a great fit if you’re have great project management skills and a knack for communicating with many different types of people.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of cumulative accounting experience
- Previous Big 4 or nationally recognized firm experience
- Prior experience working in managed service companies is a plus
- Proven experience hiring and managing a team
- Computer proficiency, the below are highly valuable:
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets – vlookups and pivot tables)
- Accounting software (e.g. Netsuite, SAP)
- Close management software (e.g. Floqast, Blackline)
- Reporting software (e.g. Workiva)
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!